六十二✔️

Lan Zhan had given wei Ying a piggy back ride back to the cloud recesses as wei Ying had gotten tired by walking and the intense running he had done.

"Easy for you to say that I'm lazy lan Zhan. You were the one who followed me by riding your sword not me!" Wei ying exclaimed as he wrapped his legs tighter around lan zhan's waist and hid his face on his neck.

"Wei ying....."

"I will drop you." Lan zhan completed his sentence. Wei ying whined hiding his face further into his neck.

" No, you won't" wei ying's muffled voice replied. "you still smell like sandalwood. I love it!" Wei ying said enjoying the soothing smell taking his good time sniffing his soulmates neck like a puppy.

"Mn." Lan Zhan felt his heart burst when he heard those words the thought that made him think that wei ying will leave him all washed away.

One of the greatest thing he could ever feel right now was the love for his soulmate. His heart swelled with joy so much joy that he might pull wei Ying into a kiss and never let him go.

"Lan Zhan." Lan zhan's eyes perked up and looked at wei Ying who had called him. " Mn."

"...'m gonna sleep don't drink the alcohol 's mine." Wei ying slurred in a drowsy tone. Lan Zhan just nodded finding his tone adorable.

Wei ying hid his face on lan zhan's crook once again and dozed off. It had taken him around twenty minutes to reach the cloud recesses where he found his brother and jiang wanyin standing together.

Jiang cheng had a scowl on his face meanwhile xichen had his usual smile. "there you are!" Jiang cheng said walking towards them with fake happiness in his tone.

Lan zhan gave him a questioning look and just nodded and looked at xichen who had been following jiang cheng from behind.

"He's asleep." Lan Zhan said indirectly asking jiang wanyin to keep quiet. Jiang cheng gave him a glare and walked back inside cloud recesses.

"Where did you find him?" Xichen asked lan zhan while they were walking back inside.

"Caiyi town."

Xichen just nodded and smiled he looked as if he had already known that wei ying would have gone there.

"There are rumours going around people are speaking as if wei Ying was forced out of seclusion."

" Not wrong." Lan Zhan said remembering the way he had found wei Ying today.

"He has been crafting a lot more than a spirit attraction flag wangji." Lan Zhan looked at his brother and furrowed his brows.

He gently put wei Ying on bed and covered him with a blanket. Lan Zhan walked outside with his brother as it was still mid afternoon they can talk all about wei ying's doings.

" Hanguang jun how come you didn't tell me that my brother was locked up for five months!" Jiang cheng asked lan Zhan in a rough tone.

" Not locked. " Lan Zhan replied back with a blank tone. "eh?"

"Let me explain wanyin, young Master wei had gotten angry at wangji and locked 'himself' up in jingshi." Xichen explained to him wangji just nodded along.

" Why would he lock himself up voluntarily?" Jiang cheng asked still not believing a single word xichen said even though he wanted to.

"He had been crafting something. If wangji was there he wouldn't have let him." Xichen said jiang cheng just nodded believing his words.

"What was he crafting?" Lan Zhan asked his brother who just nodded and showed him the spirit compass.

"This is called the compass of evil." Lan zhan just nodded and took it from his hands it looked fascinating lan Zhan had to agree.