一百三十九✔️

TW: Uncomfortable themes

"wei ying" lan zhan tried to call his husband for the hundredth time desperately trying to get some answer from him, failing miserably when wei ying just stared into oblivion with his pale and dull eyes.

"I never thought that I had anything else to lose, yet here I am" wei ying whispered looking at the ancestral hall with no emotions evident on his face. Clad in white funeral robes once again he stared at the tomb placed atop a few stair like mount.

"Thought I only had Grandma to lose, but here we are today, aren't we hanguang jun" wei ying whispered eyes not leaving his hands which were shivering from the cold.

"should have died the day when I had the chance, I did not deserve the happiness" Lan zhan's eyes snapped towards wei ying's direction with a concerning gaze on his face.

"She would have looked so, so pretty in my arms even if she was going to kill me" wei ying said with a chuckle as fresh tears left his eyes , lan zhan frowned upon hearing his partners words and rested his calloused hands over his shoulders. Wei Ying flinched in return and swatted his hands away.

"Don't touch" wei ying whispered backing away from his husband and got rid of the hood white covering his head. "Wei Ying, please" lan zhan spoke in a pleading tone trying to pull wei ying out of the ancestral hall so that he leaves. Even though the man had been going through the same pain wei ying was going through he realised that wei ying was the one who had truly felt lonely at this point, words could not describe how much he had resented his thoughts and hatred for the child just a month ago.

But, who was he to change them. The child was killing his beloved for fulfilling its resentful greed.

"Get lost" Wei Ying spoke with no remorse of his words , not minding how harsh it was. Lan Zhan paid no attention to his words and held his hands before he spoke hoping for something to come out of wei ying's mouth "I'm here, Wei Ying" lan zhan said in a meek tone warming up wei ying's cold, shaky hands.

"Get lost" wei Ying whispered understanding what lan zhan was trying to do right now.

"You can't stay here forever wei ying, the elder's have to finish the rituals" lan zhan said trying to pull him out through his tears, Wei Ying spared no look at him and continued to look at the incense burner.

' go back home lan Zhan, I'll be fine' wei ying desperately said Inside of his mind, but those words never reached his tongue let alone turn into words.

"Get lost"

' don't leave me, you and the twins are all I have now'

Wei Ying thought as lan zhan got off the ground leaving his cold, shivery hands all by it self.

"Wei yi-" Before lan zhan could complete his sentence he was stopped by wei ying's sobs once again.

"Get lost" wei ying spat throwing the incense burner against the wall harshly making lan zhan flinch at the sound of it breaking.

"Get lost"

And, lan zhan did this time, he left the hall walking outside with teary eyes towards Jingshi leaving a sobbing wei ying inside all by himself.

"Lan zhan" wei ying whispered through his sobs tiredly as he slumped down on the ground unable to feel his hands or legs.

"I am so tired"

wei ying whispered closing his eyes tiredly unable to take any more pain his body put himself through.

"Mama" A three year old lan yuan called him with anxiousness present in his tone alongside his twin brother Jingyi who ran towards their mama. Wei Ying on the other side turned around to look at the child who had called him from behind, before he gasped when he was hugged tightly by both the twins.