五十四✔️

"lan zhan, I just want to look at them for one last time. Just this one time please." Wei ying with a wistful tone. With that he knelt down onto the ground and settled down with his legs folded.

"I will be back you don't need to stand here." Lan Zhan gave his soulmate a worried glance. A warm hand in his shoulder made him turn around. He looked at xichen who gave him an assuring look. "It'll be fine wangji, let him be." He just nodded holding the umbrella over his head.

But, the look of worry never left his face. Wei ying was slowly going back to his old self and that greatly concerned him. Wei ying removed his hood letting the pelting water touch his face.

Lan Zhan went towards him with an umbrella to prevent him from getting wet. But, jiang cheng covered his head with a bamboo hat before he Could reach him.

Wei ying was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even notice jiang cheng putting the hat on him. He just sat there staring at those tombs, praying to himself hoping that this nightmare got over soon, hoping that granny wen came back again to give free loquats again.

He sighed looking up at the dark sky feeling the cold water touch his skin ' like that's ever going to happen.' he thought before pinching his bony wrist.

"A'xian." A familiar voice had called him from behind he had chosen not to respond to it. When the voice and those footsteps inched closer to him wei Ying moved away.

"A'xian please." The voice pleaded "look at me." Wei ying shakily turned around and looked at his shijie who was standing behind him with teary eyes.

"S-shijie." He whispered looking at the woman dressed in white and her head covered in a hood. She slowly inched her hands towards him and wei ying was actually responding to it.

He went towards her slowly extending his hands "A'xian I can explain." She shakily whispered to her brother who seemed to be in a daze right now he slowly gave her his hands but flinched away.

"Don't come near me!" He exclaimed scooting away from her. ' betrayal.'

' she betrayed you wei Ying!'

Those words kept on repeating in his mind. Lan Zhan who stood afar completing the ritual had seen this and rushed towards him at once.

"A'xian listen to shijie for once!" She pleaded but wei Ying just shook his head aggressively. "You are nothing to me jiang yanli!" He spat feeling his silvery orbs getting watery.

" Wei ying." Lan Zhan tried calming his shivering soulmate but he just pushed him away "don't come near me!" Lan Zhan had signalled his brother to stop those elders and jiang cheng to come towards them.

"A'xian I can explain." She touched his pale cheeks wiping his tears. Lan Zhan stared at his soulmate with guilt in his eyes. He shouldn't have left him alone there.

"You must be satisfied now that you have taken my everything!" Wei ying spat clenching his head with his hands. "I didn't mean it! Please listen to me wei ying." She once again said , lan Zhan was genuinely getting concerned for his soulmate right now, he was sobbing without any stops.

"Tell me! Tell me why you ruined my life!" Jiang yanli quickly wiped her tears " t-they had asked me to get where they lived, because they thought that the wen remanents are dangerous." Wei ying wiped his tears and looked at her sister once again.

"And? What did you do!" She flinched when she heard her brother's aggressive voice. " They said that they might be a danger to jin sect and jin ling." She whispered touching his cheeks but wei Ying just pushed her away.

"Y-you! You agreed to it!" Wei ying exclaimed backing away from her.
"And you believed it!" Wei ying spat ruthlessly. "You took my everything! You see them!" He pulled her hands and made her look at their tombs.