五十二✔️

Jiang yanli had still not given up , she had still wanted to meet her brother and she would do anything to meet her brother and explain everything to him.

Before every single sect leader could leave lan xichen had ordered them attend the wen remanents funeral which was being held tomorrow in gusu, to make them feel the guilt of what they had committed.

Baoshan sanren was going to buried in the ancestral hall of gusu lan sect day after tomorrow after the wen remanents' funeral.

Lan zhan's eyes held pain when he looked at his soulmates sad eyes he looked broken to his very core.

Not even tears trailed down his eyes. But, the pain of losing everything had shook the boy to his very core.

"Lan Zhan." A sad voice had called his soulmate. Lan Zhan looked down at his soulmate in his arms. " Wei ying." He replied back taking things slowly right now.

For the very first time in years lan Zhan had allowed people other than his significant others in jingshi. Jiang cheng and xichen stood along with eachother near the pillar.

Lan qiren was standing near by them with concern and sadness written all over his face. The boy had really lost a lot of people. Including his last living relative his grandmother who he had loved with all his heart.

Now all wei Ying had was gusu lan sect and his brother jiang cheng, who he didn't think should be held guilty for almost killing him.

"T-they a-arent really dead are they?" Wei ying stuttered looking at lan Zhan getting closer to him , to make himself feel warm. When there was no answer wei Ying just looked down on the ground letting out a choked sob.

Lan Zhan just pulled wei Ying into a hug not trying to hurt him. His soulmate just sobbed in his arms letting out all his sorrows.

Zewu jun went outside when one of the disciples had arrived outside the jingshi. He gave the boy a questioning look "what happened?" Ths disciple explained him everything which made the man strain his head.

"No, you can't let that happen." Zewu jun said before walking away from jingshi with the disciple.

Lan qiren walked away from jingshi when he saw the heartbreaking scene unfold in front of him. He had to go call the elders for performing the last rites of the wen remanents.

"Why didn't you let me die?" The voice which now sounded blank and dead asked. Lan Zhan looked at wei ying with concerning eyes; he shook his head pulling wei Ying closer to him.

"Won't let you die." Lan zhan said caressing his hair. Wei ying's eyes started watering when he heard the reply. "T-they took t-took grandma." Wei ying said lips wobbling.

Lan Zhan took wei ying's head and pushed it against his neck letting the boy sob. "She was the only one I had." Tears started to trail down his eyes when the pictures of his lifeless grandmother came before him.

Lan Zhan didn't say anything; he just cradled wei Ying in his arms rocking it back and forth earning another choked sob.

Jiang cheng wiped his tears when he thought of baoshan sanren. She was caring and sweet. She would even feed him fruits.

He would never agree it in words but he could not lie over the fact that he actually liked it.

"Wanyin, you are needed outside." Xichen entered jingshi slowly pulling him outside.

" Huh? Yes, I am coming." Jiang Cheng snapped out of his strings of thoughts and walked outside taking one last look at his brother.

"I'm sorry..." He whispered to his brother from afar walking away with zewu jun.