七十一✔️

"Good boy." Yanli praised her son and shook the rattle drum in her hands. She tried her best to keep him busy as he was restless in her arms. Jiang cheng stood next to her and stared at his nephew with a gentle smile on his face feeling warm inside but it was soon replaced with dread.

"Where are they?" Yanli asked A'cheng who had the exact same puzzled look on his face as her's.

" He better not be creating troubles somewhere" jiang cheng said with a constipated look on his face. He felt as if something was wrong ,jin zixuan left an hour ago to get wei Wuxian here but, how come he hasn't arrived yet.

Lan wangji on the other side entered Jinlintai along with his brother followed by the lan sect disciples. The elders had decided not to make a show because of the path the jin sect had chosen during the siege.

Lan Zhan walked inside hoping to be met with his soulmate playing with his nephew but, in turn he was met with jiang cheng and young madam jin who had a restless look on their faces.

"Why hasn't wei Ying arrived yet?" He asked to jiang cheng who in turn gave him the exact same questioning look. " He must be caught up on something." Jiang cheng said trying to reassure himself. For a second he had thought that wei Ying was with lan wangji.

After a few minutes

Meng yao entered Jinlintai along with his subordinates and walked upto xichen when he saw a restless look on his face. "Is something wrong zewu jun?" Zewu jun nodded and looked at lan Zhan who had a tense look on his face.

"Young Master wei hasn't arrived yet. He was supposed to arrive more than an hour ago." Meng yao nodded acting as if he understood everything. He stared at lan Zhan and patted his shoulders. "They will arrive soon don't worry hanguang jun." Lan zhan just nodded and looked at the sly smile meng yao had on his face. Thinking that it was more of an innocent smile lan Zhan shook it off.

Lan zhan's smile faltered when he saw some of the lan sect disciples came limping into Jinlintai with dread written over their faces. Their robes had blood dripping off of it. Xichen who saw them first took an immediate initiative and ran towards them.

"Z-zewu jun! Something v-very bad happened!" One of them stuttered and coughed out blood. Xichen's eyes widened and shook the boys shoulders. "What happened?" The said disciple caught his breath and started speaking up.

"Old lady jin had ordered jin zixun to ambush young master wei with a thousand arrows while they were o-on their way to Jinlintai in qiongqi way path." Lan Zhan's eyes widened in complete distrust as he felt his whole world crumble down when he heard those words.

But, how come the soul mark hadn't hurt him in a very long time. Something was very wrong.

"Complete your statement." Lan Zhan said in a very cold tone and glared at the old woman who stood next to yanli.

"Heir jin zixuan had reached qiongqi way p-path but something happened to h-him and he started attacking young m-master Wei." Yanli who heard the whole thing clenched her eyes shut and let out a choked sob.

"Shijie.." jiang cheng whispered and looked at his sister who was crying right now. She felt all the trust she had built with her brother coming broken down into pieces. The trust the forgiveness she begged for all those months ago were of no use any longer.

Her brother can no longer trust her.

"Complete. The. Statement." Lan zhan darkly said warning the shaky disciple for the last time.

"Young master wei sustained a lot of injuries and heir jin zixuan killed wen qionglin. Young master wei started coughing out a lot of blood when his spiritual energy was sucked out by jin zixun's talisman"