Chapter 20: nighttime visit

Soon, nighttime came and Marinette get ready for bed, luckily tomorrow is Saturday and there's nothing to do, she look at her snake toy.
Tikki: You really love the snake toy, don't you?
Marinette: It's okay. *She change into her pajamas and get ready for bed.*
In Adrien's room, Adrien open the window.
Adrien: Okay. Time to do this. Plagg, claws out!
Plagg: Oh why noooooow! *He transform into Cat Noir and he jump out and go see Marinette.*
Cat Noir: (Please be awake, please be awake, please be awake.)
Inside the house, Timmy told his parents goodnight and he go upstairs holding his teddy bear and Sabine go with him to tuck him in, Tom watch a little bit of TV before bedtime.
In the bedroom, Marinette get in bed and Tikki fly next to her, when all of a sudden, something hit her window.
Marinette: Huh? Who's that? *She get out of bed and go to her window and open it. It's Cat Noir.* Cat Noir? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you and Ladybug be patrolling the city?
Cat Noir: Ladybug isn't patrolling today. So I went solo for this patrol. And I decided to visit you before I head back out to my position.
Marinette: Really?
Cat Noir: Of course. So whatcha been up to?
Marinette: Just with my friends. *Cat Noir noticed a plush toy on her bed.*
Cat Noir: What's that?
Marinette: What's what?
Cat Noir: On your bed. *He go inside her room.*
Marinette: Hey, I didn't say you can come in. *Cat Noir look at the plush toy.*
Cat Noir: What is this? A snake? Since when you like snakes?
Marinette: It's none of your business. *She take the snake plush toy away from him.* And a friend won it for me.
Cat Noir: A friend? Who is he? Is he the blonde model you told me about?
Marinette: No. It's Luka.
Cat Noir: (Luka? Seriously?! Why him?) So... you ever... had a feeling for him.
Marinette: What's with the questions?
Cat Noir: Just concern. You know what they say "Curiosity kills the cat." So what he's like?
Marinette: Well... he's okay, he's sweet, understanding, and... that's about it.
Cat Noir: Wow. You really like him. What about the other boy you were into?
Marinette: I was into him, but not anymore.
Cat Noir: What happened to him?
Marinette: He didn't see me more than a friend. I was just a friend to him and he has someone else who's into him than I ever was.
Cat Noir: (Wow. I don't know how I feel right now. Guess she's not just a friend.)
Marinette: Anyway, it's all in the past.
Cat Noir: Oh. Okay then. Well, better get back to patrolling. See you soon, Marinette.
Marinette: Bye Cat Noir. *He leave the room and head outside.* Weird. *She close her window and go back to her bed and fall asleep.*
In Adrien's room, Cat Noir jump through his open window and land on his bed.
Cat Noir: Claws in. *He de-transform and Plagg hover next to him.*
Plagg: So I figured Marinette isn't just a friend, huh?
Adrien: I don't know how I feel at this point. Ladybug reject me constantly when she said she's in love with someone else. I thought she meant me, but I figure it could be someone else.
Plagg: Talk about trouble in paradise. *He start laughing.*
Adrien: It's not funny, Plagg. Still I never heard from Marinette about this, has she been in love with me?
Plagg: Ugh. Come closer. *Adrien lean closer.* Closer. *He keep moving closer.* A little bit more. *He move a little bit more.* There. Now... YOU ARE CLUELESS!
Adrien: Ahh! Why?
Plagg: You are so stupid and clueless. Of course she's in love with you, but you were too stupid and blind to even notice it!
Adrien: What? I didn't even notice it.
Plagg: May I go on with more insults?
Adrien: No. I get the picture. I'm gonna have to tell Kagami the trust about what's going on.
Plagg: No. If you do, then you'll wind up hurting her and go to the girl who was deeply in love with you.
Adrien: You're right. (I don't know why I didn't pay attention to Marinette when I didn't know what was going on. I should've seen the signs.)
————Montage time———-
The constant stuttering, the way she look at me, the pictures of me on her bulletin board.
Adrien: I'll have to talk to her tomorrow. When I have the chance. *He and Plagg go to bed and fall asleep.*