Chapter 63: Substitute report

In Ms. Mendeleiev's classroom, everyone is inside seated and Ms. Mendeleiev faced the class.
Ms. Mendeleiev: Good morning, everyone. *Everyone said good morning to Ms. Mendeleiev.* Due to my absent yesterday, I assume your time with your sub was okay. *Everybody answered yes.* Good. He told me you all were good and attentive. So for today, you get no homework tonight. *Everybody was relieved at that.*
Alya: Finally. We need it.
Ms. Mendeleiev: Okay. Now let's get to our new lesson plan because next week, you got an test coming up. *Some people groaned about it.* Now, today we will learn about the nuclear physics. There are 3 types of Nuclear physics, they are nuclear decay, nuclear fission, and nuclear fusion. One by one we will learn about that. Now first is the nuclear decay. *She write it down first.* Now nuclear decay is a process by which an unstable atomic nucleus loses energy by radiation. There is a formula for nuclear decay and that's A= dN/dt. A equals the total activity, A equals the number of particles, and t equals time. Memorize this formula, please. We'll also do some calculations too. *They get their pencils out and write it down too as she write it down on the board.* Now, also, there are three more common types of decay and those are alpha decay, beta decay, and gamma decay. They all involve emitting one or more particles or protons.
Rose: Interesting. *She write it down too.*
Ms. Mendeleiev: Second is the nuclear fission. *She write the next thing down.* This is a nuclear reaction in which a heavy nucleus splits spontaneously or on impact with another particle, with the release of energy. *She write it down next.* There is a formula for the nuclear fission. n+AX-> FF1 + FF2 + xn. Now I know this is complicated, but we will take this step by step.
Marinette: I don't think I can understand this one.
Alya: Same.
Nino: Dude, I'm not sure if I can get this nuclear fission down.
Adrien: I can help you with that one. *Nino sighed with relief.*
Nino: Thanks.
Ms. Mendeleiev: Now to the final nuclear, which is the nuclear fusion. *She write it down third.* Nuclear fusion is a nuclear reaction in which atomic nuclei of low atomic number fuse to form a heavier nucleus with the release of energy. *She write it down next.* The formula for the Nuclear fusion is H + H -> D + b+ + v. *She write the formula down on the board too.* The B+ represents a position and v stands for a neutrino. *She write it down too.*
Alya: Neutrino?
Marinette: Never used it.
Ms. Mendeleiev: Now, I know this will be tough to figure out, but like I said, we'll go over it step by step until you all get a better understanding.
Ivan: That's one good thing out of it.
Ms. Mendeleiev: How many of you are down writing this stuff down? *A few people raised their hand.* Okay, I'll give you a few minutes. *She sit down and let everybody else finish up writing it down.*
Alya: So, have you found out what Luka got planned for you?
Marinette: Not that I know of, he wants to keep it a surprise until after school.
Alya: Ooooh. Tell me everything when you're done.
Marinette: I will.

After the lesson, Ms. Mendeleiev go up to the board and erase the board too.
Ms. Mendeleiev: Okay. So after what we went through, I want to tell you the lesson plan for what we have planned for the rest of the month. Since Summer isn't for another 2 months, we wanna get this stuff done and over with before the summer break is here. We will do our last physics lab. It's gonna be on looking at molecules and particles through a microscope. We'll do that next Thursday. *Everybody understand that, Chloé rolled her eyes at that and look at her phone too. Soon, the bell ringed.* Class dismiss. *They gather their stuff and leave the classroom.*
Alya: I thought physics would never end.
Marinette: Same. But at least we have no homework.
Alya: That's an added bonus. *They go to the lockers and Marinette put her physics textbook in her locker and get her English textbook and her notebook.* Hey, you wanna come over this weekend?
Marinette: It depends if I'm busy or not.
Alya: What you got planned?
Marinette: I gotta take Mushu to the vet for his check-up and meet with Luka after school. And I think tomorrow my parents got a catering business for the new movie that's coming out soon. Think it's called Karate Kid.
Alya: I heard of that movie. Jaden Smith is so cute.
Marinette: Meh, he's okay.
Alya: Okay? Clearly you haven't seen the preview of the movie.
Marinette: I have. *She close her locker and they walk to Alya's locker next.*
Alya: I thought it was good. What about Mylene's birthday party? Would you still be there?
Marinette: Yeah. I told my parents about that and they'll see what they can do.
Alya: Cool. *She open her locker and get her science textbook.* I got Mr. Schwartz next.
Marinette: Good luck with science.
Alya: Okay. Still on for lunch?
Marinette: Yep. *They go to their classes, Chloé and Sabrina walked by and Chloé see Marinette go upstairs.*
Chloé: Ugh. I'm gonna say something.
Sabrina: Chloé, no.
Chloé: Move, Sabrina! I don't have time for you to stop me. *She go up to her.*