Chapter 49: Adrien's talk and substitute teacher

In Ms. Mendeleiev's classroom, people start coming in and take their seats.
Alya: Hmm. Looks like Ms. Mendeleiev is not here yet.
Marinette: Yeah. Weird.
Alya: I wouldn't call it weird, but something else. *Nino turned around to the girls.*
Nino: Did you hear?
Alya: Hear what?
Nino: Ms. Mendeleiev's not coming today.
Marinette: She's not?
Nino: Nope.
Alya: How do you know?
Nino: Well, I was walking from the bathroom and I walked passed Mr. Damocles' office and I heard him and Ms. Mendeleiev talking, think about she's not gonna be in class for the day. So we might get a sub today.
Alya: Cool.
Marinette: Okay. *Soon, Adrien walked in the classroom.*
Adrien: What's going on?
Nino: We might get a sub today.
Adrien: Really? How?
Nino: Not sure. *Soon, the door opened and Mr. Damocles walked in with a male teacher.*
Mr. Damocles: Hello, children. As you know Ms. Mendeleiev won't be in class today and for the rest of the day. *A few people talked.* Quiet, please. Quiet. Next person who talks will get after school detention. I'm looking at you, Kim.
Kim: Sorry.
Mr. Damocles: I want you to meet Mr. Carter, he'll be your substitute teacher for a whole day.
Mr. Carter: Good morning, everyone. *Everyone said good morning to Mr. Carter.*
Mr. Damocles: They're all yours. *He walk out of the classroom.*
Mr. Carter: Now. Let's get to what your teacher have planned for you all today. *He looked at the sub folder and see what is planned for today.* You will learn about the zero gravity and g-force. *He go up to the board and write the name down on the board.* Before we get started, I would like to take attendance. So when I call your name, say here and I will mark you. *He get the attendance sheet out and look at it.* Adrien Agreste?
Adrien: Here.
Mr. Carter: Hello, Adrien. *He marked his name.* Chloe Bourgeois?
Chloé: Here.
Mr. Carter: Hello, Chloé. *He marked her name.* Ivan Bruel?
Ivan: Here.
Mr. Carter: Hello, Ivan. *He marked his name down.* Alya Césaire?
Alya: Here.
Mr. Carter: Hello, Alya. *He mark her name down.* Juleka Couffaine?
Juleka: Here.
Mr. Carter: Hello, Juleka. *He mark her name.* Marinette Dupain-Cheng?
Marinette: Here.
Mr. Carter: Hello, Marinette. *He mark her name.* Nino Lahiffe?
Nino: Here.
Mr. Carter: Hello, Nino. *He marked his name.* Rose Lavillant?
Rose: Here.
Mr. Carter: Hello, Rose. *He marked her name.* Lé chién Kim?
Kim: Here.
Mr. Carter: Hello, Kim. *He marked his name.* And Sabrina Raincomprix?
Sabrina: Here.
Mr. Carter: Hello, Sabrina. *He marked her name.* Okay. So like I said, we'll be learning about zero gravity and g-force. Now who can tell me what's the difference between those two things? *Alya raise her hand.* Yes, Alya?
Alya: Zero gravity is a state or condition in which there is no apparent force of gravity acting on a body, either because the force is locally weak.
Mr. Carter: Okay. *He write it on the board.* Who can tell me that g-force is and what downs it stand for? *Rose raised her hand.* Yes, Rose?
Rose: G-force is the measurement of the type of force per unit mass. And it stands for Gravitational force.
Mr. Carter: Correct. *He write it down on the board.* Now would you all take your textbook out and start working on chapter 7 and work on exercise 1-10 and do the multiple questions on page 266 before class is over. You all can either work together or by yourself, however you do it. *They all get their textbook out and get started on their assignment and he go to the board and put the page numbers on the board.*
Alya: Wanna work together?
Marinette: Sure. *They get to work on the assignment.*
Nino: Wanna work together?
Adrien: Sure. (I know Marinette got something planned, I gotta get her to spend the day with me so she wouldn't be with Luka. Thankfully there's auditions after school. I can ask her.) Hey, Marinette.
Marinette: Yes?
Adrien: (She didn't stutter. Weird.) Um... you got anything planned Friday?
Marinette: I'm going out with Luka on Friday. Why?
Alya: You are?
Marinette: Yeah.
Alya: Wow. *Adrien start to scowl a little bit.*
Adrien(whisper): what's so special about him?
Marinette: What?
Adrien: Nothing. (So much for asking her out. I'll get her next time.)
Nino: Dude, what are you doing?
Adrien: I wanted to ask Marinette out, but it looks like Luka beat me to it.
Nino: Beat you to it? What do you mean?
Adrien: Nothing. Let's start before we get in trouble for not doing our work. *They all get to work on their assignment.*