Chapter 54: audition for the Romeo and Juliet play

In the auditorium, a few people have decided to audition, Mairnette sit down and sighed a little bit.
Luka: Hey, Marinette.
Marinette: Hey, Luka. What are you doing here?
Luka: I heard about the Romeo and Juliet play, I wanna give it try.
Marinette: Really?
Luka: Yeah. What about you?
Marinette: I decided to try out for the role of Juliet.
Luka: I didn't know you could act.
Marinette: I've been in school plays when I was 7, it's been a while since I did a play. There was fairytale plays, scary plays, love plays, and other stuff I've been in.
Luka: Wow. You must be good at it.
Marinette: It's not too bad. They always make me the lead in the plays.
Luka: I'm sure you'll get the role of Juliet.
Marinette: Maybe.
Chloe: Ha! Dupain-Cheng, you're gonna audition for the play? This is too much.
Marinette: What's wrong with that?
Chloé: Nothing. I never knew you would be into plays.
Marinette: I have been into plays. This is something I wanna try, not that I still got it.
Chloé: I hope you won't get the lead role. I'm the best actress in the whole school. Everyone knows that.
Marinette: Everyone? Or just you? *Chloe was offended.*
Chloé: We'll see who gets the lead role of Juliet after this. Hmph.
Luka: Something tells me you and her don't get get along well.
Marinette: You don't know the half of it. *Soon,  the theater teacher, Ms. Grove walk on stage.*
Ms. Grove: Hello everyone. I am Ms. Grove, the drama club and theater instructor. I see some of you are interested in trying out for the roles of the characters.
Chloé: Um, Ms. Grove, can you please give me the Juliet role? I am the better actress than everybody in here. *Marinette rolled her eyes and scowled.*
Ms. Grove: I'm sorry, Chloé. But I can't just give you the Juliet part, you have to audition for the part and then I'll decide who gets what part. And plus, you gotta let other get a chance for the role, not just you.
Chloé: Ridiculous utterly ridiculous! I'll have you know, I am much better than everyone in this auditorium! Except for you, Adrikins, I know you're good for the Romeo part.
Marinette: I think I'm gonna be sick.
Ms. Grove: I'm sorry Chloé, but that's the rules. If you can't accept it, then would you kindly leave the auditorium?
Chloé: I'm staying and trying out.
Ms. Grove: Good. Could you please sit down so I can continue, please?
Chloé: Fine. *She sit down.*
Ms. Grove: As I was saying, we will start with the roles in the play. So listen closely please. The roles are Lord Montague, Lady Montague, Romeo, Mercutio, Friar Laurence, Tybalt, Benvolio, Lord Capulet, Lady Capulet, Juliet, Nurse, Friar John, and other characters I will assign later on. Now I want you all to look at your scripts that are under your seats and pick what character you wanna try out for and I'll tell you who gets what role after the audition. *They grab their scripts and look over them.*
Nino: Hmm. Mercutio is a role I can do. He's Romeo's best friend.
Alya: You do know he died, Tybalt killed him.
Nino: He did?
Alya: Yeah? You didn't know that?
Nino: No.
Adrien: I'm sure you'll get the part.
Nino: Hope so. What about you? The Romeo part could be good for you.
Adrien: I doubt it.
Alya: Why not?
Adrien: I don't know. I'm not much of an actor.
Nino: I'm sure you're good.
Adrien: I could try the Lord Montague part.
Nino: True.
Luka: They all are good characters. Have you thought what role you want to try?
Marinette: I might try out for Juliet.
Luka: I think you might get the role.
Marinette: I don't know. I use to perform in plays, not sure if I still got it. *He put his hand on her shoulder.*
Luka: I'm sure you can do it. Just trust yourself on this one, you have nothing to worry about. *Marinette blush a little bit.*
Ms. Grove: Okay. Have you all decide what role you want to try out for? *Everyone answer yes to Ms. Grove.* Perfect. Let's begin. Boys, would you like to come on stage? *Nino, Ivan, Adrien, Luka, Nathaniel, Max, and other boys walk on stage.* Okay. Here's what we'll do. One by one, you will tell me your name and what part you want to do and I will decide who gets what part, okay? *The boys answer yes.* Perfect. First up, please? *Adrien step forward.* Okay, what's your name?
Adrien: My name is Adrien and I want to play the role of Lord Montague.
Ms. Grove: Okay. Let's hear it.
Adrien: I would thou wert so happy by thy stay, To hear true shrift. Come, madam, let's away.
Ms. Grove: Thank you, Adrien. Next? *Adrien walk off the stage, Nino walk on stage.* What's your name?
Nino: Nino. And I want to play the role of Mercutio.
Ms. Grove: Okay, Nino. Whenever you're ready. *Nino cleared his throat.*
Nino: If love be rough with you, be rough with love. Prick love for pricking and you beat love down.*
Ms. Grove: Thank you, Nino. *He walk off the stage.*

As the audition go by, it's Luka's turn.
Ms. Grove: Alright, last but not least.
Luka: My name is Luka, I want to try out for the part of Romeo.
Ms. Grove: Let's see what you got.
Luka: Though Romeo doesn't want more bloodshed he ends up killing Paris and regrets it. "Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow." *Ms. Grove was touched by that.*
Ms. Grove: Wonderful, Luka.
Luka: Thank you. *He walk off the stage, Chloé was touched by it.*
Chloé: That was so good. That Juliet part is mine!
Marinette: That was good.
Luka: Thanks.
Ms. Grove: Girls, you're up. *Alya, Marinette, Sabrina, Mylene, Rose, Alix, Chloé, and other girls walk on stage.*
Luka: Jules, you're not gonna audition?
Juleka: No. I decided to not be in the play. I wouldn't mind helping out.
Luka: Okay.
Ms. Grove: Okay. Let's start. Bring out the first girl.
Alya: Wish me luck. *She walk on stage and stop.*

As the audition go by, it's down to Marinette, Chloé walk off the stage.
Chloé: Too easy. Time to watch Dupain-Chang's mishap.
Ms. Grove: Okay. Last girl on stage. *Marinette breathe in and out once and walk on stage.*
Marinette: My name is Marinette and I would like to audition for the role of Juliet.
Ms. Grove: Another Juliet role. Okay. (Hopefully this one is better than Chloe's line rehearsal.)
Marinette: My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep; the more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite.
Ms. Grove: Wonderful, Marinette.
Marinette: Thank you. *She get off the stage.*
Nino: She's good.
Alya: She is, huh?
Adrien: I didn't know she could act like that?
Luka: That was great.
Marinette: Thanks.
Chloe: You called that acting? That's barely even acting. Was my acting good?
Sabrina: Well, um...
Chloé: WAS IT GOOD OR NOT?
Sabrina: It was good, it was good.
Chloé: I thought so.
Ms. Grove: Thank you all for auditioning, I will post the casting roles tomorrow. See you for rehearsal. *Everyone grab their stuff and head out of the auditorium.*