Chapter 67: The book

After the akuma attack and Mayans Adrien back in class and in English class, there is no homework so that's a relief. The bell ringed as people leave their class and head outside, Marinette put her notebook and pencil case in her backpack and grab her textbook and head outside.
Adrien: Marinette, you wanna go over our lines for the play?
Marinette: Can't. I'm busy after school.
Adrien: Oh, I'm not talking about after school. I mean when we get our scripts for the play. *Marinette go to her locker and put her English book and notebook in her locker and get her math textbook and notebook.*
Marinette: Maybe.
Adrien: Oh okay. Let me know.
Marinette: Okay. *Adrien walk away and Marinette get the miraculous book and look at it.*
Luka: Hey, Marinette.
Marinette: Oh, hey. *Her book fell out of her hand.* Oops.
Luka: I got it. *He pick up the book and he look at it.* You're into superheroes?
Marinette: Yeah. I am. *She hold the book.* Thank you.
Luka: Listen, about tonight.
Marinette: Yeah?
Luka: I know you have other stuff going on with Mushu and his check up. You wanna reschedule for tomorrow?
Marinette: No. We can still go.
Luka: Okay. That's all I need to know. I'll see you later.
Marinette: Okay. Gotta go.
Luka: Okay. *Marinette close her locker and head to Algebra class, Adrien saw what happened and he scowled too, Luka walk away.*
Adrien: Hey, Luka.
Luka: Oh hey, what's up?
Adrien: I just wanna say it's cool you got the Romeo part for the play.
Luka: It's okay. No big deal.
Adrien: (Of course it's a big deal. You get to kiss Marinette.) So, you like Marinette?
Luka: Yeah. Why?
Adrien: Oh uh... just concern that's all. (Time to push his buttons.) Well actually, I know how you two became closer and well I am her friend.
Luka: You already pointed that out.
Adrien: Huh? I did? Okay, then. Well, I think that...
Luka: Can we talk later? I gotta get to American History.
Adrien: Uh, sure. *Luka go to his class, Adrien snapped his fingers.*  Dang it.
Plagg: Okay, what's up?
Adrien: What do you mean?
Plagg: Don't play dumb, Adrien. You're trying to make Luka snap so you can get the Romeo part in the play so you can kiss Marinette.
Adrien: I am not. I'm just glad he got the part, that's all.
Plagg: Glad? Seriously?
Adrien: It's still a working progress.
Plagg: Working... I'm lost. Don't explain it.
Adrien: Okay. Anyway... When I was talking to Marinette, I noticed she got a book.
Plagg: What book?
Adrien: Like the book my dad got, like the time I took the book from him.
Plagg: You don't think she got the book your dad got, right?
Adrien: I don't know. I'll have to ask Marinette about that. *He looked ahead and he see her with the book.* There she is. *He go up to her.* Hey, Marinette. *Marinette hide the book from Adrien.*
Marinette: Yes?
Adrien: What's that book you got?
Marinette: What book? I don't got a book.
Adrien: I just wanna know what it is.
Marinette: It's nothing. It's personal and I don't wanna talk about it.
Adrien: Can you tell me what it is? Maybe I can...
Marinette: Is that your photographer down there?
Adrien: Where? *Marinette move away.* I don't see... *He turned around and she was gone.* Smart move. I'll have to get to her next time. *He go to his next class.*