Chapter 38: Breaking the news

After the talk with Luka, Marinette tell the girls what happened.
Alya: So what's going on?
Marinette: I asked him out and he said yes. *They were estactic about that, Adrien walked in the classroom.*
Adrien: Hey, what's going on?
Alix: Marinette asked Luka out and he said yes.
Adrien: What?
Nino: That's what the girls are happy about.
Mylene: So, when is your date?
Marinette: Friday.
Alya: That's 2 days away, you'll have time to get ready?
Marinette: I have time.
Jukeka: You want us to help you?
Marinette: Not this time. Maybe next time, for now on, I'm going solo on this one.
Alya: Okay. *They go back to their seats.*
Adrien: (Can't believe she's dating Luka. I should be happy for her, but why do I feel so mad?)

As the day goes by, Marinette go up to Luka.
Marinette: Hey.
Luka: Hey.
Marinette: My parents wants to see you sometimes.
Luka: Okay. Is later on okay?
Marinette: Yeah it's okay.
Luka: Okay. *He waved goodbye to her and he walk to his bike and ride home. From a far distance, Adrien seen Marinette talking to Luka, he go up to her.*
Adrien: Hey Marinette.
Marinette: Oh, hey Adrien. You need something?
Adrien: No. I just noticed that you were talking to Luka.
Marinette: Okay? Is that problem for you?
Adrien: (Yes.) N-no. It's not.
Marinette: Okay. I gotta get home.
Adrien: Wait. *He hold her hand, Marinette looked confused on what's going on.* Do you wanna come to my house?
Marinette: No, Adrien. I'm busy right now. I have Algebra homework, a science project to do, and a history report on the Theodore Roosevelt. I'm sorry.
Adrien: What if I help you?
Marinette: That won't be necessary. Could you let go of my hand? You're crushing it.
Adrien: Oh. S-s-sorry. I don't know my own strength.
Marinette: Okay. Bye. *She walk home, Adrien sighed.*
Plagg: Smooth, Romeo. You suddenly like her?
Adrien: No, Plagg. She's just a friend. I care about her, I just want her to be careful with Luka. I feel like he might do something to her. *Plagg laughed.*
Plagg: You think too much. I seen the boy and he's okay. You're just in mover your head.
Adrien: Maybe. (Why am I acting like this.) *Soon, he sees his bodyguard's car, he get in the car and his bodyguard drive away.*

In Marinette's house, Marinette go through the bakery.
Marinette: Hey.
Sabine: Hi, Marinette.
Tom: Hey, sweetie.
Marinette: I have a friend coming over later on today.
Sabine: Oh. Who is it?
Marinette: Luka.
Sabine: Okay. You do what you gotta do in the house. We're about to close up in a few hours.
Marinette: Okay. *She go to the backdoor to the living room, she go in the living room and do her homework, he pulled out her algebra textbook and her notebook and get started on it first.*