Chapter 60: The parts of the play

The next day, it's Friday, Marinette get ready for school, she put on a pair of blue jeans, a white t-shirt, put her hair in a fish tail braid and get a cherry hair clip and put it in her hair.
Marinette: Okay. Time for breakfast, but first. Gotta gather all of my stuff. *She get her backpack and her textbooks and head downstairs to the kitchen.
Sabine: Good morning, Marinette.
Tom: Good morning, Marinette.
Marinette: Morning.
Tom: So, you auditioned yesterday. Are they gonna find out who gets what role?
Marinette: Ms. Grove's gonna post the casting list for the play.
Sabine: Well I hope you get the leading role of Juliet.
Marinette: Not sure, but okay. Is Timmy still sick?
Sabine: Yes. I'm gonna check and see how he's feeling. He might miss another day of school. *Marinette looked at the time on her phone, it's 7:15.
Marinette: Better get to school. *She grab her lunch box and head to the front door, but she remembered something.* Mom, dad. I have a date tonight.
Sabine: A date?
Tom: With who?
Marinette: Luka.
Sabine: Luka? Who is Luka?
Marinette: My friend Juleka's older brother.
Sabine: Ahh, I didn't know she has a brother.
Tom: When is he coming?
Marinette: Probably today. Not sure what time today.
Sabine: So are you two gonna do anything today?
Marinette: He told me it's gonna be a surprise.
Tom: Why don't you tell him to come over after school so we can get to know him.
Marinette: Okay. Bye. *Mushu go up to Marinette and he lick her face, she chuckled.* See you later, Mushu. I'll take you to the vet later on.
Tom: Bye, Marinette.
Sabine: Have a good day in school. *Marinette leave the house and walk to school.*

In Adrien's house, Adrien get ready for school, Nathalie escort Adrien to the car, he get in and she get in too, his bodyguard drive to the school.
Nathalie: I forgot to ask, how was the audition for the play went?
Adrien: Think it went okay. You think my father will see the play?
Nathalie: I'll ask him if he can see it.
Adrien: What's the point? He's gonna say no. He's always busy. *Nathalie put her hand on his shoulder.*
Nathalie: I understand your father is a busy man and barley have time for you and other stuff, but he'll come around. Just give the right time for you.
Adrien: I doubt it. *He look sad and Nathalie look sad too.*
Nathalie: (One day you'll understand what he is doing for you and your mother. You'll understand someday.)

In the school building, Marinette walk up the steps and she see Juleka and Luka walking up, they both see Marinette, they go to her.
Juleka: Hey, Marinette.
Marinette: Hey. Whoops. *Her stuff was about to drop, but Luka caught it.* Sorry.
Luka: It's okay. *They go up the steps and go in the building, a car stopped.*
Nathalie: Adrien, don't forget you have a fencing lesson and be prepared for the fencing tournament next Friday, a piano lesson after school, and a Chinese lesson too.
Adrien: Okay. *He get his backpack and he leave the car and go in the school. Soon, Marinette, Juleka, And Luka stopped at her locker, she open it and Luka lend her her textbooks and she put them in her locker.*
Marinette: Thanks.
Luka: Sure thing.
Juleka: I'm gonna talk to Rose, see you later. *They waved goodbye to Juleka, Marinette get her day planner and write down today's date.*
Marinette: Can you give me one hint on what we're gonna do today?
Luka: Nope. My lips are sealed.
Marinette: Oh come on. Just one hint, I promise I won't ask for more.
Luka: You'll have to wait and see where I take you.
Marinette: Oh, okay. Do you wanna come over after school? My parents want to meet you.
Luka: Sure.
Marinette: Okay. So, pet check up at 3:30.
Luka: Pet check up?
Marinette: Mushu's check up. I'm taking him to the vet after school.
Luka: Oh. *She close up her day-planner and put it in her locker and get her history textbook and journal.*
Marinette: Hopefully today will go by.
Luka: It will. See you later. *Marinette wave bye to him and she go to the girls.*
Marinette: Hey.
Alya: Hey.
Marinette: Why are you at the bulletin board?
Rose: We're waiting for Ms. Grove for the play casting. We should be getting it today.
Alix: If she gets here, that is.
Mylene: I hope you get the Juliet role, Marinette.
Marinette: I doubt I get the role.
Alya: Come on, your acting was great yesterday. Don't try to deny it. It would be a shame if Chloe get the part and you don't.
Chloé: Ugh, I heard that. And why are you all so crowded lately?
Alya: We're waiting for Ms. Grove for the cast roles for the play.
Chloé: I hope I get the role of Juliet. The tall boy is cute when he auditioned for the Romeo part. What was his name Luke, was it?
Juleka: You mean Luka? My brother?
Chloé: Yeah, whatever he is. I would love to kiss those lips. *She pucker then out, the girls look disgusted.*
Marinette: Like I said, not sure if I should get the role. It's just a play.
Chloé: You wouldn't dream of getting to be Juliet, Dupain-Cheng. That wasn't acting yesterday.
Marinette: What do you call it then?
Chloé: Mediocre.
Marinette: Same with your acting? *Chloe gasped and the girls chuckled at that, Chloé scowled at Marinette.*
Chloé: You dare to insult my acting? How dare you! You're gonna hear from my father about this.
Marinette: I could careless. Now move, your big nose is in my space. *She push Chloé out of the way.*She push Chloé back, she scowl some more. Soon, Ms. Grove walked out of the office with the cast roles.*
Ms. Grove: Hello, girls. I assume you wanna know the roles you got since yesterday?
Rose: Yes.
Chloé: I wanna know if I got the Juliet role.
Ms. Grove: Well here it is. *She pinned it on the wall and walk away, they look at the roster, some got excited for the role they got.*
Alya: I'm Nurse.
Rose: Ooh, I'm village girl #1.
Chloé: Move it! Where's my part? *She look for her name and she see it, but... she didn't get the part.* WHAT? This is ridiculous utterly RIDICULOUS!
Nino: What's going on?
Alya: Looks like little miss perfect didn't get the Juliet part.
Adrien: Whoa.
Nino: Seriously? Who got the part?
Alya: We might find out today.
Alix: Marinette, what did you get? *Marinette looked at the cast role and she see her name, she got the Juliet role.*
Marinette: I got the Juliet role. *The girls cheered for that, Chloé scowled and grunted too.*
Chloé: It's not fair! I should've gotten the role but instead I got the lamest role of all.
Sabrina: What is it?
Chloé: Oh what do you think? I got the understudy role! Me? An understudy? I don't think so. Something has to be done. *She go to Ms. Grove.*
Nino: Hey, I got the Mercuito role.
Adrien: Cool. What did I get? *He look at the list and he see his name and he's the understudy for Romeo.* An understudy.
Marinette: Understudy of Romeo. I guess Luka got the role of Romeo.
Adrien: Yeah. Lucky him. *He start to look sad.*