⇢ CHAPTER 67

season 9 episode 17

"Jackson Avery really has a bigger say than any of us in running this hospital?" Arizona questioned out loud to the group as she approached the large table to take a seat

"Well," Holly started, grabbing her cup of coffee, "I don't think you need to say it like that--"

"That can't be true." Cristina commented, ignoring Holly, "Can it?"

Holly scoffed lightly before she took a sip of her coffee and Derek reasoned, "Well, he's a voting member of the management team and he also represents the Harper Avery Foundation."

"And their one hundred seventy-five million bucks." Callie added, taking a seat next to Arizona.

"As opposed to our fifteen million apiece." Arizona sighed as Holly kept her head down, feeling a drift between her and the others.

"According to Stan," Derek informed, "not only does he have the deciding vote, he can veto ours."

The others, excluding Holly, looked at Derek with a slacked jaw, "Well," Holly shrugged as she took another sip of her coffee, "just because he can, doesn't mean he will--"

"This is ridiculous." Cristina voiced, "He's a fellow."

"So are you." Meredith and Holly reminded.

"And you're a resident." Cristina gestured to Holly, making the redhead quirk a brow.

"And yet," Holly shrugged, "I'm here."

"Well," Cristina corrected, "he's a plastics fellow. And I'm me."

"Yeah, well," Holly shrugged again, "like it or not, that plastics fellow is the one who came up with the idea--"

"Just because he came up with the idea, doesn't mean he should be in charge of us." Cristina rationalized, making Holly frown her eyebrows.

"Well," Meredith interrupted before Holly could continue, "let's not overreact. I mean, it's Jackson, he's not some corporate stranger. He's one of us."

"No, you're right." Derek nodded, "He's a smart kid. He's gonna follow our lead."

"Yes." Holly smiled, "Exactly--"

"No. No." Callie shook her head, "We made this plan. We pulled it together. Look," She noted, "I'm grateful to Harper Avery for an infusion of cash, but I'm--I'm not gonna let some--some..."

"Plastics fellow?" Cristina supplemented.

Callie nodded, "Plastics fellow tell me how to run my service 'cause his mommy said he could."

"Preach." Arizona agreed as she flipped through the papers in their proposal. Holly looked around in slight shock at the doctors in front of her, not believing how quickly they had turned their opinion on him simply because he was now in their group.