⇢ CHAPTER 30

season 6 episode 10

Ever since Arizona's surprise birthday party, to say things had been awkward between Jackson, Cristina, and Holly was to say the least

Jackson, figuring his chances with Holly were slim due to his friendship with April and that she had lost her previous boyfriend and that Cristina had pulled off a badass move in surgery, approached her slowly as he exited her bathroom, "Yang. Doctor--" He frowned his eyebrows with a smile, "can I Cristina you or are we not there yet?"

"Mnh-mnh." Cristina shook her head, pulling away the beer bottle from her lips.

"That's a no." Jackson nodded, "Okay. Dr. Yang, let me just tell you that that was incredibly hot in the O.R. yesterday." Cristina laughed, "Very deeply hot. It was hot. You were very hot."

Holly, who had been sitting next to Lexie and Mark-- and trying their hardest not to do any public displays of affection in front of her, drank her wine slowly as she had her head placed on her palm before pointing behind her, "I'm gonna go pee so you guys can stop being awkward about touching each other in front of me."

Lexie's mouth dropped a tad bit as Mark brought Lexie closer to him and Holly walked away.

"Would it be really, really bad if I just--" Jackson looked down at Cristina as she drank more, "you know, 'cause of the whole embolus thing and you in general-- could I just..." He didn't finish his sentence as Cristina placed her drink down, he immediately went in for the kiss and was surprised when she reciprocated.

Holly, who had decided to hide in Cristina's room to act like she was using the bathroom, had her eyes widen as she saw Cristina and Jackson making out before Cristina pulled away and said, "Uh, no. I'm involved." She placed a hand in front of her, "I'm involved." 

Cristina began to walk away as her eyes set on Holly's figure by the door, who stood frozen before she cleared her own throat, which made Jackson turn around, "I-I didn't see anything." She chuckled awkwardly, "I'm drunk." She looked away, "Oh, look. Fries."

Jackson, who felt like he needed to defend his actions to Holly as to not completely ruin his small chance with her, walked up to her as she began to eat the fries by the table, "Holly--" He pointed behind him, "W-What you saw there, that was just--"

"I'm drunk." Holly answered as she looked up, thinking he had went up to her to try and explain what happened, "I saw nothing. I get it."

thanksgiving ✧

As much as Holly wanted to go back to Ohio to visit her family, the fear of getting fired restrained her from ever booking a flight. So April, wanting to spend time with Holly and her friends, decided to book flights over for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the New Year.