⇢ CHAPTER 44

season 7 episode 18

Calliope Iphegenia Torres was one of the few people in the hospital to not stare at Holly as some type of sad widow

Calliope Iphegenia Torres was one of the few people in the hospital to not stare at Holly as some type of sad widow. Instead, she offered Holly donuts and let her in on all of her crazy surgeries for a whole month. Calliope Iphegenia Torres cared deeply for the red haired girl and took it as a responsibility to mother her from a distance.

"What the hell happened?" Mark asked, jogging up to the group of surgeons waiting outside of the hospital for Callie's ambulance.

Holly spared a look at Derek before sighing, "Car versus truck." She shook her head, "It's all we know." She muttered to herself, "What is it with people in this hospital that I care about getting into vehicle crashes?"

"And her injuries?" Mark questioned, glancing at Derek and Holly for answers, "What-- the baby?"

"We don't know yet." Derek responded, looking out to see how far the ambulance was.

"Well," Mark turned at the two, "why the-- why the hell don't you know? Someone get me a trauma gown."

"Mark," Dr. Webber spoke up and shook his head as an intern ran off to get him a gown, "you need to sit this one out."

"I'm not sitting this one out." Mark defended, "That's Callie. That's my kid."

"Which is why you can't." Webber explained, "I'm sorry. You can't be a doctor on this one."

"Screw you." Mark scoffed.

"Sloan." Owen warned.

"Screw all of you." Mark shook his head, putting on the trauma gown.

"Look at me, Sloan." Webber walked up to him and placed two hands on his shoulders, "Look at me." Mark, who was trying to avoid his gaze, looked up, "Maybe I don't understand what you two have, how you have it, but I understand this, she is your family. Callie Torres and that baby are your family, and the best way that you can help your family is to step back and let the rest of us do what you can't rationally do-- save their lives. Okay?"

Derek glanced over at him, "Mark."

Mark sighed, "I'm in the room, you hear me?"

"Okay." Webber nodded.

"I'm in the room." Mark affirmed with a strong voice, wanting it clear that he wasn't leaving Callie's side.

"Okay." The ambulance pulled up and Webber nodded at Owen, "Hunt, you're in charge."

The doctors ran forward as Owen led the group, "All right, everyone. Multiple blunt trauma protocol. Let's go."

"Tachycardic and hypotensive en route." Arizona informed as she got out of the ambulance, obvious head and chest injuries." She backed away, accidentally bumping into Owen as he walked up to Callie, who was lying down on the gurney.