⇢ CHAPTER 86

season 10 episode 22

"Oh—" Holly smiled, turning around to face Derek's sister with an extended hand, "Dr

"Oh—" Holly smiled, turning around to face Derek's sister with an extended hand, "Dr. Shepherd."

"Wow." Amelia raised her brows, impressed, "I think this is the first time I've gotten an introduction without 'other' in front of 'Dr. Shepherd.'" She grinned, releasing Holly's hand, "Thank you for that, Dr. Kepner."

"Okay." Derek exhaled stressfully, entering the room, "So you two are sure you're up for this—?"

"Yes." Holly and Amelia groaned, both rolling their eyes as Derek nodded, adjusting his tie as he prepared for a lecture in Washington.

"Great. Good... good." Derek nodded, looking over his notes before quirking a brow, "I didn't think you two would get along so well."

"Yeah, well," Holly shrugged, looking at Amelia, "we've got two lives to make better."

Amelia smiled with a nod," Yep." She sighed, realizing the large group of interns hoarding by the door, "And we have patients to see and eager interns."

"The Coopers chose to do their surgery here because we've done so many of them that we're getting good at it." Derek announced to the group of interns as he, Amelia, and Holly walked in the front, leading the group, "This one is a little bit tricky because it involves the brain." Seeing the patients walk up to the Nurses' Station, Derek pursed his lips before looking at his sister and trainee, "You ready for this?"

"Third time, yeah." Amelia nodded, joined in with Holly who gave him a thumbs-up.

"I'm just saying," Derek warned, "this is a very big surgery."

"Really?" Holly spoke sarcastically, "I thought it was easy."

As Derek squinted at her, Amelia voiced, "Derek, you asked me to do it. If you're having second thoughts about me, just—"

"It's not that." Holly assured, cracking her fingers, "He's just sad he can't do it himself."

Derek softly muttered in agreement before mustering a smile to the girls, "You must be Annie and Liz."

"Nothing gets past you, huh?" Liz, one of the conjoined twins, joked, turning to face him as Holly and Amelia grew excited over their surgical plan.

"These are the most complex brain scans you will ever see." Derek stated, gesturing to the scans as Holly and Amelia gave each other a look.

"As you will see," Amelia presented, beating Derek to speak, "these women share brain matter. Separating them is made even more complicated by the fact—"

"There is one shared sagittal sinus supplying blood to the brain." Derek interrupted, making Amelia squint at him.

"Hey, Derek," Holly reminded, looking at the clock, "don't you have a plane to catch? Or a baby to see or something?"