⇢ CHAPTER 90

! warning : mentions of lexie and mark !

✧ A VERY HOLLY JOLLY WEDDING 

HOLLY KEPNER FELT pure joy as she grinned up at her ceiling, her hands wrapping around her blanket as she waited for the alarm beside her to blare as one thought filled her mind, the thought that had poked it's way through for the entire week lead...

HOLLY KEPNER FELT pure joy as she grinned up at her ceiling, her hands wrapping around her blanket as she waited for the alarm beside her to blare as one thought filled her mind, the thought that had poked it's way through for the entire week leading up to this one day.

She was getting married today.

The dress, the venue, the food, Jackson, the music, the fries— everything was perfect. Everything had been planned to a T by her future husband, and excitement poured out of her as she thought over everything. 

As the alarm rang, she lifted the covers off of her and tapped the device to sleep— inhaling the nice air around her softly before the sound of feet running towards her made her turn her head in time to see Steve enter her room with energy radiating off of him.

"It's time!" He announced, grinning at her as he rushed over and gave her a hug, "You're getting married!" 

Holly released a chuckle, accepting his hug as she nodded, "Yeah— how much coffee did you drink?"

"Not important!"

"And be prepared for any stress eating." Meredith advised through Cristina's phone as the brunette walked through the halls to reach Holly's apartment door, "She'll probably be stressing out— and if she's not, make her."

"Make her?" Cristina scoffed, quirking a brow as she stopped in her steps, looking around at the numbers, "Isn't that... bad?"

"No." Meredith noted, "Having Holly freak out now, before she reaches the venue, will make her not cry and ruin her make-up as she gets ready. It'll help to just, you know, get rid of those nerves early instead of being a nervous wreck while the ceremony happens."

"I guess..." Cristina mumbled, looking down at the small post-it she had written on in the morning before looking up at the number on the door, "I'm here."

"Okay— go be a bridesmaid!" Meredith teased, cackling at the end of her sentence as Cristina rolled her eyes.

"Bye." She deadpanned, ending the call before exhaling softly as she looked at the door in front of her. Knocking, she waited patiently for a few seconds until Steve opened the door with a grin.

"Dr. Yang—" He pointed behind him, "Holly's watching Spider-Man while we wait for Derek."

"Oh," Cristina nodded, clearing her throat at his energy as she looked towards the living room, "Derek's actually in, uh, surgery— he said he'll get out in time for the wedding, though."