⇢ CHAPTER 45

season 7 episode 19

Standing in front of Callie's bed with Arizona, Bailey, and Cristina, Holly cheered as Callie straightened out her fingers

"Yay, fingers." Callie sighed in relief as she leaned her head back.

"Yeah. Yeah." Bailey nodded.

Callie panted as she closed her eyes, "Ooh." 

The mood dampened as Arizona went over to assure her, "It's okay." She went to the side of her bed to cheer Callie up, "You're retraining your brain. Getting your fingers straight was the goal for today, okay?"

"Mm-hmm."

"And you breezed through it." Holly added with a smile. 

"Little goals, remember?" Bailey reminded before nodding at Arizona, "All right, let me get in there to check her incision."

"Good morning." Sloan greeted, "Baby report. Boom."

He fist-pumped Arizona as she began to walk away, "I'm gonna go see her." She turned around to face Callie and pointed at her, "Hey, you're awesome."

"Aww." Holly hummed as she walked closer to Callie and Mark, "Baby pictures."

"Oh," Callie brought her head up from the pillow slightly to look at his phone, "gimme, gimme, gimme."

"See?" Mark pointed at a video, "She's moving her arm like she's waving. She still doesn't open her eyes, but she only stopped breathing once last night. And get this-- her brain bleed's still grade one."

Callie gasped, looking back at the video with a smile, "Good girl. She looks bigger... is she bigger?" Callie averted her gaze to Holly, who was also giving her baby reports throughout the day, "Red, she's bigger... right?"

"I'm sure she's bigger." Holly nodded with a smile, which made Callie stare at her until Holly sighed and walked away, "I'll measure her-- again."

On her way to the N.I.C.U. to measure Sofia again, Meredith, who was standing by the Nurse's station, asked, "How's Callie?"

Holly turned around, "She's good." She gestured to the measuring tape in her hands, "I'm on baby measuring duty, so that's always fun."

Meredith chuckled, "Well, you were the one to volunteer out of Derek's trial today."

"True." Holly shrugged, leaning against the Nurse's station with Meredith as the Chief passed by.

"Uh, morning." Webber greeted the two.

"Good morning." They chorused.

"Oh, uh," Webber pointed at the folders in Meredith's hands, "another Alzheimer's trial patient today, huh?"