⇢ CHAPTER 58

season 9 episode 3

By the end of the meeting with the lawyers, the victims of the plane crash had decided to think it over and to give their response in the following meeting once Cristina and Arizona had been notified and weighed in their thoughts

"Holly," Derek whispered as the duo left the conference room, "you were practically asleep in that meeting."

"It's not my fault every intern, resident, and attending has a stick up their ass!" Holly defended in a whisper, "I make perfect O.R. schedules, tell the residents where to go-- and everything's fine until they come to me asking to be switched." She glared at the floor, "Whiny babies. That's what they are."

"Oh, look at that." Derek chimed, looking over Holly's shoulder, "Your boyfriend's here."

"Boyfriend?" Holly quirked an eyebrow before she turned around to see Jackson and squinted at Derek, "Not funny."

Derek chuckled, "It is to me." He nudged her, "Go. Get some sleep and don't be a pushover."

Holly rolled her eyes and began to walk to Jackson, muttering, "I'm not a pushover." Once she reached him, she nodded, "Hey."

"Hey." Jackson greeted before revealing the hand he had hidden behind him to show a cup of coffee, "Here you go."

"Ooh." Holly's eyes opened to their full size as she grabbed the cup and took a sip before looking at him, "Thank you."

"You're--" Jackson cut himself off once Holly grabbed onto his arm as she squinted at something in the distance, "...Holl?"

"Is that my sister?" Holly asked, taking a step closer to the figure a few feet away from them, "Or am I sleep deprived?"

"No," Jackson shook his head, holding in a sigh, "that's your sister." Jackson watched as Holly let go of his arm and began to walk over to April to greet her before the two began a long conversation. He chuckled and muttered under his breath, "I can't believe the same thing has happened twice now."

"My office is bland." Holly sighed, placing her tray of food in next to April before she sat down, "And it's all because someone took their furniture back."

"It's a nice couch!" April defended, raising her hands in surrender, "I put it in the guest room at the house."

"Oh, great." Holly squinted at her sister, "My couch is in a guest room in Moline, and the fridge is gone--"

"Where did you put the white board?" Jackson asked, intrigued as to where the items went.

"I..." April looked down in shame, realizing she should've kept some things for Holly, "...I donated it." 

"Great." Holly nodded, stabbing her fork into her food-- she knew it was stupid to get frustrated over the board, but after the conversation she had with a department head who wanted nothing more than for Holly to switch their residents, she had given into her negative mood.