⇢ CHAPTER 28

season 6 episode 6

Holly leaned back in her chair as she folded her arms in front of her, "This sucks

Holly leaned back in her chair as she folded her arms in front of her, "This sucks."

Reed looked away from the door and glanced at the floor, "Someone's getting fired."

April, who was sitting next to her, whispered at her, "Stop it."

"She wasn't even my patient." Charles complained, making Cristina glare at him, "What?"

"Nothing."

Alex, who had his head resting on his hand, asked, "How long is this gonna take?"

"Why," Jackson mocked, "you need to make a phone call?"

While Charles snickered, Holly rolled her eyes before Alex jumped out of his seat to start attacking Jackson. Which made the attending surgeons try and break up the fight while Holly, Reed, Lexie, and April went into a verbal fight-- both sides defending their own people.

"That's enough!" Webber yelled out, walking out of the room which instantly made the shouting cease but Alex continued to try and get out of Shepherd's arms, "I said enough!" Alex, with a heavy sigh, sat back down, "What happened here tonight, what happened to that patient, was inexcusable. And we're gonna be here till I find out who's responsible for it. So until then, you will sit down, you will shut up and you'll wait to be called." The residents either sat or stood in silence, all looking down at the ground as the Chief called his first witness, "Hunt."

Coming back from leaving her patient to take their M.R.I. scan, Holly went to the E.R. to see if she could help in any way and immediately bumped into Lexie, who was crying her eyes out.

"Lex, what--what happened?" Holly asked, placing her hands on the girl's shoulder.

"I--"

"She can't breathe." A little boy informed Holly as Lexie walked away.

Holly crouched down, "No, she's okay. She just--"

"My mom." The little boy corrected, "She can't breathe."

"It was a pneumothorax." Holly informed Webber, Jennings, and the woman from H.R. as she sat in front of them, relaying the memory for them.

"What's that?" Jennings asked, looking at Webber for an answer.

"Her lung collapsed." Webber responded.

Holly placed her hand on the woman's chest as she began counting, "One... two... th--"

"Danny..." The patient spoke out, "don't let him see me die."

"You're not gonna die." Holly assured, "I've got you." She began counting again, "One... two..."

Webber leaned forward, "You got the chest tube in?"