⇢ CHAPTER 23 - A.U.

THE SNORER AND THE INTERN

Holly thought the worst day of her life was when her boyfriend, who at the time was presumed to be the John Doe she worked on with Derek, was dead

She cried, along with plenty of the hospital staff, after finding out from Meredith that the John Doe was George-- until she got a phone call a few minutes later from presumed dead person to tell her he was at his mom's house.

Not the best day.

In the end, Holly rushed over to the airport without meeting April or April's friends and hugged George as tightly as she could, reminding him how much she loved him and how mad she would be if he didn't come back.

A year later, George came back from Iraq and was greeted by his girlfriend jumping on him and giving him a tight hug, along with various kisses throughout the drive back home. George came through the hospital doors of Seattle Grace to come back to work and, of course, was bombarded by his friends hugging him and Dr. Bailey giving him a lecture before ultimately hugging him back.

He was definitely confused why some people still thought he was dead and asked for an M.R.I. because they thought they were having a hallucination.

It was now a few years later, George was a third-year resident and Holly was second-year resident. She had heard from Lexie, accidentally, that George was planning to propose. So, obviously, Holly got excited each time they had a date at a restaurant, fancy or casual, or if George bent down to tie his shoe-- which was way too many times, in her opinion.

Not to mention, George's brothers-- Ronny and Jerry-- also teased her about George. Of course, they always teased her from the minute they met her. From her red hair to her farm life, they were interested and love to tease the short redhead.

"Today's the day, Red." Mark noted as Holly entered the elevator with Derek, looking around at the Christmas decorations

She rolled her eyes, "You always say that." She looked up at him and gasped, "Unless you're talking about you and Lexie."

"What?" Mark shook his head, "No."

"What he meant to say," Derek corrected as he cleared his throat, "was not yet."

Holly chuckled as the elevator doors opened and Holly got off, turning to Derek, "We have a craniotomy scheduled in two hours."

Derek nodded, "I remember."

Holly huffed, planting herself down on the couch as she looked at the decorated Christmas tree.