⇢ CHAPTER 61

season 9 episode 11

The sunlight peered into Holly's bedroom, lightly shining on the couple that lied down on their sides in her bed

The sunlight peered into Holly's bedroom, lightly shining on the couple that lied down on their sides in her bed. With Jackson's arm loosely around Holly, they did as many couples usually do-- fight.

"You know how April was the entire car ride home." Holly reminded, her eyes looking up at Jackson's, "How she felt like she had no game and couldn't get in a relationship-- or even a one-night-stand, and there we were, coming back after a kiss--"

"Holl." Jackson started, trying to reason with her as she continued talking.

"It's just feels like an 'in-your-face' type of deal and I don't want that to offend her in any way and--"

"Sweetheart?" Jackson interrupted, a smile on his face as he was finally able to call her that. 

"What?" Holly sighed, running a stressed out hand through her face.

"You do realize the wedding was a month ago?" Jackson reminded.

Holly rolled her eyes at the statement, "April's still--" She paused mid-sentence, hearing footsteps begin to approach her door-- Holly's eyes widened as she slapped her hand on Jackson's chest and whispered, "Hide!"

"What?" Jackson frowned his eyebrows as Holly continued to nudge him before he ultimately rolled out of the bed just as the door opened.

"Oh, h-hey, April." Holly flashed her sister an unconvincing smile, making the older sister raise an eyebrow.

"Breakfast is ready." April announced, "Go and get first dibs on the French toast while I wake up Jackson--"

"No!" Holly shouted as April reached for the doorknob for Jackson's door, "I-I'll, uh, go tell him about the french toast." Holly chuckled, leaning against the headboard, "It's cool."

"Mm." April hummed with a nod before walking away after closing the door.

Jackson popped his head up from the side as Holly went to go check on him and he sighed, "Really?"

"Sorry." Holly grimaced before holding out a hand to help him up-- which led Jackson to pull her down and land on top of him, "I-- Jackson!" 

"What?" Jackson shrugged, holding onto her tighter as she tried to escape his hold on her, "It felt lonely down here and I'm hurt."

"Mm." Holly hummed before looking up at him, "Well, there's french toast, and I'm not planning on missing any of it." She smiled, giving him a peck on his lips before she quickly ran out of the room to the kitchen, knowing Jackson would inevitably steal all the toast.

"Why are you here?" Derek asked, hitting the ping-pong ball against his board as he asked the Chief Resident who sat on the couch reading a magazine, "I thought you were going to spend time with your boyfriend?"