⇢ CHAPTER 88

HOW TO : PICK THE RIGHT ONE

"I give up." Holly spoke as she and Jackson collapsed onto their couch, defeated after seeing numerous houses with no luck on falling in love with them.

"Me too." Jackson agreed, exhaling as he turned his head to glance at her, "What if we just live here?"

Holly shrugged, "I guess—"

"You are not living in this apartment for the rest of your lives so my Grand-babies can cry whenever they go to a house with space." Catherine Avery criticized— successfully spooking Jackson and Holly as they both jumped and Jackson reached over to hide Holly behind himself before realizing it was his mother.

"Jesus Christ, Mom..." Jackson groaned, placing a hand over his heart.

"I think we shouldn't give too many people our house keys." Holly voiced, feeling her heartbeat calm down as Jackson nodded.

"Agreed— Mom, what are you doing here?" Jackson quirked a brow, glancing at his mother, who looked over the various pictures the couple had decorated around their living room.

"Thought I could help you two with the decision making of picking out a house." She grinned, "Richard told me you two were struggling, and I thought—"

Holly blinked, "H-How does he know?"

"He found you two excitedly talk about houses before coming back to work with depressed looks on your faces." Catherine remarked, chuckling lightly as Jackson and Holly gave each other a look, wondering how obvious they were with their emotions.

"Well, Mom, we talked about this." Jackson reminded, "You promised you wouldn't meddle in—"

"Wait," Holly began, flickering her eyes between the two Avery's before shrugging, "s-she might actually be of some help—"

"Great! Then it's decided!" Catherine cheered, clasping her hands together, "I—"

"I haven't said anything." Jackson blinked, shaking his head, "Mom, are you sure you want to—"

"Look for a house where you two, Frodo, and the children can live? I'm sure I can manage." Catherine assured with a nod as Jackson quirked a brow and looked to his fiancée.

"You told her about Frodo?" Jackson questioned, squinting at Holly.

Holly flashed him an innocent smile, "I mean, he was the name of your imaginary friend—"

"Okay." Catherine voiced, checking her watch, "How about you two go on and pick out Frodo from the neighbor-lady you talked about while I go find a house?"

"I don't think we'll take long finding a dog we like from the litter..." Holly mentioned, "I think it might take you longer to find a house—"

"Then go on a date, explore Seattle— I'll call you when I'm ready." Catherine smiled, grabbing her bag with excitement before rushing off and calling her assistant, "Yes, they agreed! I need..."