⇢ CHAPTER 34

season 6 episode 23 & 24

"I'm on Sloan's service again

"I'm on Sloan's service again." Holly groaned as she walked next to Jackson, "Which means all I'm going to hear is Mark begging me to tell Lexie to take him back."

Jackson chuckled, sipping on his coffee before he shrugged, "It can't be that bad." Holly gave him a look, "...I feel so bad for you that I would trade services with you."

"Thanks." Holly rolled her eyes with a smile at his insincere voice as she grabbed a chart from the Nurse's station before pointing behind her, "I have to go find Sloan."

"All right." Jackson chuckled, watching her walk away before Charles came up to him and he quickly diverted his eyes to his chart.

"Dude," Charles teased, "you're so whipped."

"Shut up." Jackson deadpanned, looking at his chart briefly before closing it, "At least I talk to her, how's it going with Reed?"

"Ouch."

"What do you think this lockdown's about?" Holly questioned, clicking her pen as she finished marking one of Mark's post-op charts and placed it back in the Nurses Station.

"I don't know." Mark sighed, his eyes moving to the left as he saw Lexie approach him, he told Holly, "Go make yourself busy, Red."

Holly rolled her eyes, beginning to walk up the stairs to simply stand at the top of them before she heard footsteps behind her.

She turned around as she heard Nurse Vivian yell at the man behind her, "Sir, you can't leave this area."

Holly quirked an eyebrow, realizing the man was Gary Clark she whispered under her breath, "Mr. Clark..."

"The hospital is in--" It felt as if time had stood still-- watching Mr. Clark raise a gun-equipped hand as he began to fire two shots into Vivian. And all at once, time resumed. It only took one second for her lifeless body to drop.

The next second, Holly began to run for her life as others screamed, "Get down! Get down!"

"Holly!" Lexie screamed, remembering Holly had been at the top of the stairs once she heard Gary Clark shoot again.

Holly, who had been running away towards the staircase, felt two bullets barely miss her legs as she opened the staircase door and quickly flew up the stairs. One step after another, she thought before she accidentally tripping on one.

Holly squeaked in pain before bringing herself back up, almost falling as she grabbed the handle to open the door to a random floor before slamming the door shut.

Holly leaned against the door on the floor as she brought a hand to her bruised cheek before covering her mouth as tears poured out of her eyes, hearing someone from a few floors below open the staircase door before yelling, "Damn it!"