⇢ CHAPTER 48

season 8 episode 5

"This is stupid," Holly complained, holding her phone to her ear as she went through files for April, "This is so stupid

"This is stupid," Holly complained, holding her phone to her ear as she went through files for April, "This is so stupid."

"I'll help you out when I come back if you need it." Lexie offered, knowing Holly was struggling with the massive amounts of work April put her through since Meredith, Cristina, Jackson, and Alex all refused to do the work April assigned them.

"They should be doing this." Holly shook her head, grabbing another file, "I hate myself for agreeing to help her."

"...Have you seen Jackson's mother yet?" Lexie asked, knowing Jackson shipped Lexie away for the sole purpose of not having his mother bombarding her with questions.

"Nope." Holly sighed, "And I was going to see her for the chance to scrub in on a rare surgery, but of course, April needed me to cover for her."

Holly could practically hear Lexie shaking her head, "Holl--"

Seeing Catherine Avery approach her, Holly's eyes widened, "Gotta go."

"What--?" Holly immediately hung up as Catherine stood in front of her.

"You're... Holly Kepner, right?" Catherine smiled, looking at Holly's white coat to make sure, "Unless you stole the poor girl's coat."

"N-No." Holly shook her head, smiling at Catherine before clearing her throat and sticking a hand out to shake, "I'm H-Holly Kepner-- you're Facebook friends with my sister."

"Nice to meet you," Catherine smiled back, shaking her hand, "I'm Catherine Avery, Jackson's mother... I heard you know a little bit about Lexie Grey."

"Oh," Holly smiled with a nod, "yeah, we're best friends--"

"Great!" Catherine looped her arm with Holly's as they began to walk down a hallway, "Can you tell me about her?"

"Tell me about Plastics." Catherine offered the conversation topic as April walked away with a boy to go play darts after Catherine meddled.

"Mom," Jackson shook his head, "come on. I'm tired. And I don't want to spend all night trying to convince you it's a legitimate specialty."

"I'm asking you to share your interests." Catherine shrugged, "Or you can tell me about this girl you shipped off to another time zone in honor of my arrival. Or the other girl your grandfather was talking about."

"What?" Jackson frowned his eyebrows, "What girl?"

"Kenner." Catherine responded, sipping on her drink as she tried to remember the name Harper Avery told her.

"...Do you mean Kepner?" Jackson corrected, remembering his grandfather only met one of the sisters, "As in Holly?"

Catherine's mouth went slightly agape as she realized she had talked to said girl, "That's the one!" She leaned forward, slightly in shock, "Your grandfather was telling me about the chemistry--"