⇢ CHAPTER 19

season 5 episode 19 & 20

Being Cristina's intern, and one of the only interns Cristina somewhat trusted, Holly was the only intern on Izzie's case

Being Cristina's intern, and one of the only interns Cristina somewhat trusted, Holly was the only intern on Izzie's case. And seeing that her task was to always make Izzie 'comfortable,' Holly was Izzie's only visitor that day while the rest of Izzie's friends continued to work.

"Hey," Meredith greeted George as she sat down on the lonely table since Holly left to get food and left her knitting supplies on the table, hint: Holly sucked at knitting, "how's Izzie?"

George shrugged, still beating himself up for not having known she was sick, "I don't know."

Cristina sat down and Meredith eyed her turtleneck, still not believing Cristina stayed with Owen after he choked her, and asked, "How's Izzie?"

Cristina looked up, "Why?"

"Have you been to see her?"

"No," Cristina responded to Meredith, "I've been working with Swender all day."

Alex sat down and began to eat his food, causing the two women to stare at him and he looked up, "What?"

Meredith asked again, "Have you been to see Izzie?"

"No." Alex shook his head, "Haven't you?"

They all looked at each other guiltily before Holly sat down, her positive energy disgusting them as she smiled, "Hey." She stared down at her small rectangle of wool, "I think I'm gonna start over again-- maybe it's the way I started, or--"

"Kepner." Cristina started, "Have you gone to check on Izzie?"

"Yeah." Holly nodded, going back to knitting before her eyes went back up slowly to see them all expectantly waiting for her to continue and she sighed, "Izzie's been teaching me how to knit all day and she's knitting a scarf for Dr. Bailey." They continued to stare, "Dr. Bailey kept visiting every now and then to check how good of a doctor I was and Derek's working out Izzie's surgery in the O.R." She nodded, sighing as they continued to stare, "...In other words, she's fine. But I think she'd want you guys--"

Alex stuffed his face with food before shaking his head, "Gotta go."

"Yeah, I have to check up with Swender." Cristina dismissed Holly's idea as she walked off and Meredith joined her.

Holly looked back at George, "How's it going in Callie's service?"

George looked back at her and kissed Holly, "I love you." Holly felt her cheeks redden as he continued, "It's going well, thank you."

Holly nodded, knowing he was saying that because he didn't ask her about Izzie, "You're welcome." She lifted her small knitted rectangle that would turn into a scarf, "You think this is good?"

"I think you need to tighten the loops." George admitted as he grabbed the rectangle and Holly groaned.