⇢ CHAPTER 43

season 7 episode 17

"You should pay me for doing your laundry

"You should pay me for doing your laundry." April groaned, leaning down to pick up the basket of clothes in the corner of Holly's room.

Holly scoffed, walking over to pry the basket out of her hands, "Fine, I'll do it myself."

April chuckled, following Holly down the stairs as she spoke, "You don't even know where the laundry machines are."

"Yes, I do." Holly countered, walking up to the room as she quirked an eyebrow at April before turning her head around to start doing laundry-- only to see Lexie on the machine with Jackson kissing her, "I--"

"What do you-- Ugh, come on!" April groaned as she walked inside before looking at Holly, who dropped the basket and walked away. April frowned at the two, "Is there anywhere you don't do it?" Jackson and Lexie, who stopped upon hearing the basket fall, sighed, "No?" April rolled her eyes and walked away, "Ugh." April entered the kitchen and saw Holly eating grapes and staring at a dot on the floor, "I am so sorry--"

Holly shook her head, plopping another grape in her mouth, "I'm not fazed." She assured before she heard Lexie giggling in the room and ate more grapes, shaking her head as she walked away, "I'm not fazed."

"Yeah," April watched Holly walk away and muttered, "you're fazed."

Knowing Meredith and her own schedule for the clinical trial by heart, Holly still walked up to Derek in the conference room, hoping to get on his service to distract herself even if it was with paperwork.

Derek, who was trying to find a way to put Adele Webber into his clinical trial, was surprised when he saw Holly enter the room after kissing his wife so she could go and start her day.

"I, uh, heard you were going to go through all the applicants and find a way to put the Chief's wife in the trial." Holly answered, standing by the door, "I know it's not my day, but I'd really like to help and get my mind off of... stuff."

Meredith looked between the two before joining Holly at the door and nodded at Derek, "I, um, can take care of the patients for today." She smiled at Holly, noticing the stressful look on Holly's face, "It'll be an easy day for me since we're just prepping them."

Derek quirked an eyebrow before nodding at Holly, "Alright, Kepner, you can stay."

"Thank you." Holly smiled, looking at the two and nodded before sitting down and looked at the papers.

"So," Derek started as he grabbed another file, "do you want to talk about it?"

Holly frowned her eyebrows, looking up at Derek, "Talk about what?"

"'Stuff'." Derek quoted as the two turned their heads to check who walked in the door.