⇢ CHAPTER 16

season 5 episode 12 + extras 

"Ten bucks says she tanks in the first five minutes

"Ten bucks says she tanks in the first five minutes." Alex betted against Meredith meeting Derek's mother as Holly shook her head while drinking as George kept his arm around her.

"I have faith in Death." Sadie nodded at Meredith, "She'll make a good impression."

Alex noted, "She's holding that bottle of tequila like it's a life vest."

"She'll be fine." Holly spoke, feeling somewhat awkward in the room with Sadie in it after knowing April had gone off on the blonde, "Hopefully."

"Mer," George called her name out which made Meredith's head sharply turn to George, "don't listen to them. She's gonna love you."

"No." Meredith shook her head, "Mothers don't love me. Mothers like bright and bubbly and happy and..." Her eyes went up as Izzie walked inside, "Izzie. Mothers love Izzie."

"They do." Izzie confirmed, "Mothers do love Izzie." She looked to her right for a brief second before speaking, "Uh, I stashed all the tequila, took the condoms out of the cookie jar. I also replaced all your trashy magazines with back issues of the 'Annals of Surgery,' okay?"

Meredith nodded, whispering, "Okay."

Izzie sniffed, "Does it smell musty in here?"

Holly shrugged as George commented, "My mom's house smells like peppermint. It's so homey"

"Mine smells like freshly cut grass." Holly smiled.

"My house isn't homey?" Meredith asked the couple. 

"I was raised in a hellhole." Alex looked around, "This place is a palace."

"Why isn't my house homey, George? Huh, Holly?"

"I don't know." Holly raised her hands in surrender.

"I can't explain it." George sighed, "It's just a feeling."

"Well," Meredith gestured at the blonde, "Izzie can't fix a feeling."

"She's freaking out, people." Izzie announced, "Just tell her something I can fix."

"Rebecca peed on that couch cushion." Alex admitted, pointing to said couch cushion.

Sadie grimaced as she looked over, "I've been sleeping there for weeks."

Holly laughed before seeing Sadie's expression, "...I'm sorry."

"Thanks, Alex." Meredith nodded at him, "You're... a good friend."

"You're welcome." Alex gestured to the bottle of tequila in her hands, "Keep drinking."

"I'm gonna go check on Lexie." Holly nodded as she left her bottle of beer with George and walked away from the group.