⇢ CHAPTER 20

season 5 episode 21 & episode 22

"Chicken." Alex responded as he, Meredith, Cristina, and George ate the food for Meredith's reception, "Good chicken."

"Yeah," Meredith and Cristina spoke at the same time, "chicken."

"I know it's chicken." Izzie rolled her eyes, "I want to know what it tastes like."

"Tastes like chicken." Alex shrugged as he ate more. 

Izzie sighed, looking at the group, "I'm having surgery today."

"Maybe." Bailey corrected, "If the mets have shrunk."

"I am maybe having surgery today," Izzie remarked, "And as such, I cannot taste the chicken for myself, so I really need you guys to tell me what it tastes like. I need to nail down this dinner so I can announce it on Meredith and Derek's wedding web site."

Holly snorted as she walked around Izzie's bed with Bailey to update Izzie's chart and Meredith almost choked on the chicken, "There's a web site?"

"So can you please be a little more articulate than just chicken?" Izzie gasped as she saw Derek walk out of the bathroom, "Yay! Oh, that's the one."

Holly chuckled as Izzie took a picture and Bailey laughed, "Very dapper, Dr. Shepherd."

Derek nodded at Bailey before looking over at Izzie, "You're serious about this? It's not some cruel joke?"

"You look fantastic." Izzie smiled, taking more pictures, "He looks fantastic, right?"

George and Meredith nodded, "Yeah."

Holly shrugged, "Sure."

"Uh," Cristina tiredly looked back, "whatever."

As Derek went back to change, Meredith, Cristina, and George said goodbye before leaving and Izzie stared at Alex, "So?"

Alex nodded, "Pork." He gave her a kiss before leaving, which made Izzie stare at the intern and resident.

Bailey turned around slowly and saw Izzie staring at them, "Fine." She walked over to the tray, "I'll taste the chicken. Kepner--"

"Already on it." Holly nodded, walking over to grab the chicken. 

"Dr. Bailey," Holly sighed as they walked towards Izzie's room after taking Izzie's scans and finding new mats, not to mention Izzie's "limited" mother had come to visit Izzie, "how are we gonna go in there a-and lie--"

"We have to." Bailey nodded, her hand on Izzie's door as she looked at the intern, "Our patient wants to be comfortable and, right now, she isn't with her worried 'limited' mother pacing around." Bailey inhaled deeply, "So we have to go in there and do what's best for our patient, can you do that?" Holly nodded, "Good."