⇢ CHAPTER 41 ; EXTRAS

season 7 episode 11

Owen followed Teddy down the hallway towards the main hallway as he told her, "You're married

Owen followed Teddy down the hallway towards the main hallway as he told her, "You're married. You married that guy."

"So?" Teddy refuted, "You got married."

"To the woman I love." Owen noted, "You don't even know this guy."

"Look," Teddy explained, "the man needed insurance. You know, can we not talk about this please?"

"Not ever or not right now?"

"Uh," Teddy answered as they approached the rest of the staff, "I'm thinking not ever."

Owen scanned his eyes across the room, taking note of Mark's arm around a crying Lexie and Jackson's arms around Holly as she buried her face in his chest and Jackson looked down at her before glancing back at the television, "Hey," Owen asked, "what's going on?"

"A major Seattle-area shooting... we have reports that a gunman has opened fire on students and faculty."

Owen looked over at Bailey after glancing at Webber's comforting hand on April's shoulder as she cried, "Bailey? Bailey, fill us in."

"Again, that's Pacific College." Bailey turned around to answer but caught herself with no words, "We now take you live to our on-scene reporter. Students and faculty are still in the building."

"There are fifteen ambulances on the way." Owen announced to the surgeons standing in front of the E.R., "Maybe more to come. First one is three minutes out."

"People..." Webber stepped out in front of the crowd, walking around as he spoke, "People... our own trauma is fresh, and we are going to have feelings today, and there is no shame in that. What I want to say is, what we went through six months ago, they are going through right now, which makes them our brothers and sisters... which makes them fellow travelers, which makes them our own." Holly sniffled lightly as she shook her hands lightly to get a hold of herself, "So to the very best of our ability, we are gonna do our work first. And you're gonna have your feelings later."

Jackson, who was right behind Holly, leaned down to her ear and whispered, "Are you okay?"

Holly shook her head as she looked up at him, "No, but I will be." She sighed, "Are you?"

Jackson looked down before going back to his upright position as an ambulance pulled in, shaking his head no.

"Kepner," Derek patted Holly's arm as another rolled in, "let's go."

Disregarding how much Holly loved Neuro, Holly wanted nothing more but to leave the O.R. every time Derek and Meredith argued about updating the wife. Even the staff wanted to leave as they felt awkward listening into their arguments.