⇢ CHAPTER 15

season 5 episode 9

Lexie and Holly laughed as the other residents poked Steve after the epidural kicked in

"Can you feel that?" Ryan asked as he flicked Steve's foot, "Can you feel that?"

"There's no need for you to be doing that." Steve shook his head at Pierce, who was flipping his ear, "I can feel that."

"Okay," Sadie walked inside, "the residents are here, all of them. They're in the hospital, so whatever you're doing..." She looked at Steve, "what are you doing?"

Holly smiled, "We gave him an epidural."

Sadie frowned her eyebrows, "And you didn't call me?"

"It just happened." Ryan defended.

"Epidurals don't just happen." Sadie refuted, "I'm staying at Death's. I could've been here in ten minutes."

"You're staying at Meredith's?" Lexie asked, frowning her eyebrows.

"Lexie." Steve's eyes popped out of his face.

Lexie turned her head at him, "What?"

"Oh, crap." Holly noted as she saw Steve wet the bed, "We forgot the catheter."

"No," Steve shook his head, "no catheters."

"You want to pee yourself again?" Lexie questioned.

Steve scrunched his face up, "No."

Megan, Steve's girlfriend, lightly laughed, "It's okay."

"An epidural," Sadie started, "hmm? Wow. I'm impressed." She looked at Lexie, "Death is so wrong about you."

"Why?" Lexie's smile dropped, "What did she say?"

"That you're a priss." Sadie noted, clasping her gloves on, "Too bad he's not pregnant. You could do a c-section." Steve sarcastically laughed before stopping and giving Sadie a bland look.

"We could take out his appendix." Lexie challenged.

Ryan joked, "Or amputate his foot."

"Seriously." Lexie looked at her intern friends.

Holly frowned her eyebrows, "Seriously?"

Lexie reasoned, "He doesn't need his appendix."

Sadie smiled, a plan manifesting in her brain, "We could take out his appendix. We'll find an empty O.R. We'll be in and out in an hour."

Steve scoffed, "I'm sitting right here."

"Oh," Lexie added, "you could watch. We wouldn't even have to put you under. You'd just stay on the epidural."

"I'm off tomorrow." Ryan continued, "I'd trade and take his shift so he could recover."

"This is crazy." Holly chuckled, "You're--You're suggesting an unnecessary surgery. All we have done are procedures--"