⇢ CHAPTER 39

season 7 episode 8

Hearing Jackson's worries of having attendings purposefully not put him on their service made Holly roll her eyes as they walked down the stairs to the Nurse's station, "You're fine

Hearing Jackson's worries of having attendings purposefully not put him on their service made Holly roll her eyes as they walked down the stairs to the Nurse's station, "You're fine." She assured, "It's not like they have some personal agenda against you."

"They could." Jackson shrugged before looking at Lexie, who was already by the Nurse's station, "Grey, who are you with today?"

"Shepherd." Lexie answered, bringing her head up from her hand.

"Damn it." Jackson sighed as he, April, and Holly arrived at their destination, "I've already blown it with Shepherd. I can't ask him." Holly and April lightly scoffed, "Uh... Bailey." He nodded, "I haven't blown it with her yet."

"He think no one wants to work with him." April explained to Lexie.

"Are they saying that or are you saying that?" Lexie asked.

Holly chuckled lightly, "What do you think?"

"Who are you with again?" Jackson questioned April as she grabbed a chart from the nurse.

"Karev." April answered with no hesitation before shaking her head with closed eyes, "Uh, I mean Stark."

"No," Jackson chuckled lightly as he began to tease her, "you meant Karev. And you don't want to go there."

"He's right." Holly nodded, grabbing a chart, "You don't."

"You--" April looked at both of them with a pointed gaze, "You don't know where I'm going."

"They're right." Lexie added, "You really don't want to go there."

"I'm not--" April stammered, "I'm not going anywhere."

"He's not the guy for you. Okay?" Lexie assured as April let out a laugh, trying to act as if they weren't correct, "Trust me." She looked up at Jackson, "And don't be paranoid. Trust me on that, too."

"See?" Holly gestured at Lexie to Jackson before beginning to walk away with her, "It's all in your head."

Holly and Lexie talked as they walked away and April brought her head up from her chart, seeing Jackson's eyes on Holly's retreating figure, "Oh, but it's okay for you to go there?"

"I'm a guy." Jackson replied, his eyes not leaving Holly, "I live there."

April squinted at him, "Do you like my sister?"

"Y- No." Jackson's head quickly turned to April, "No. I... I have to go find Bailey."

Other than a few non-critical patients in the E.R., Holly's day had yet to be busy as she sat down in the cafeteria to eat lunch. She flinched, closing her eyes and placed one hand in front of her in protection as she sat next to Jackson.