The Brothers Hook, Part 2/4

The next day, they all hit the road in Hook Hand's caravan. "We're headed to a very important event," Hand tells them. "It's a glamorous destination wedding for my patron. He's a king, and he makes sure I get everything I need, so everything's gotta be perfect."

At the moment Cassandra is chilling out on the luxurious golden sofa, and Lance and Shorty are enjoying the bubbly, golden hot tub. "It doesn't get more perfect than this," Lance says happily, clinking his glass of lemonade with Shorty's.

While Ruddiger happily munches on some fresh apples, Varian is inspecting the inside of the caravan, eyeing all of the gold items around him. Which is pretty much everything. The room is so full of gold and gems that it is blinding. And after observation, Varian is surprised when he realizes that every bit of it is real gold. Just how rich is this guy now?

"My brother... king..." Varian hears Hook Foot mumbling to himself. He does feel kind of sorry for him.

Rapunzel spots Hook Foot too, and sits down on the couch next to him. "I know you're upset about the way he treated you," the princess says softly, "but people change over time. Haven't you changed since then?"

"I guess. I mean, I do groom myself now," Hook Foot replies.

"And we all thank you for that," Varian says jokingly.

"Oh, and I can read math!" Hook Foot adds proudly.

"May I?" They hear Hook Hand say as he pulls out a chair for Cassandra.

"Uh... okay," she replies as she sits down with a smile. Varian feels a twinge of jealously, though he knows it's ridiculous.

Hook Hand walks over to Pascal next, who is laying in a bowl of berries. He eats one, getting a little bit of juice on his face. Hook Hand produces a napkin, and happily wipes the chameleon's face for him.

Hook Foot stares down at the ground sadly, obviously feeling upstaged by his brother.

"Everybody deserves a second chance," Rapunzel says encouragingly. She gives Varian a pointed smile as she says this.

"Maybe you're right," Hook Foot says. "Maybe he has changed."

"That's the spirit!" Rapunzel says.

While Rapunzel and Hook Foot are still talking, they don't notice Hook Hand grab Eugene before he can take a bite out of a cupcake. Varian winces as Hand hangs Eugene up on a coat hook inside a closet, and slams the door shut. He then proceeds to eat Eugene's cupcake as if nothing happened.

"I'll give it a shot," Hook Foot tells the princess, and then stands up to go talk to his brother.

Uninterested in how this conversation will play out, Varian walks away. He catches sight of Hook Hand's piano in the corner, and approaches it.