Beyond the Corona Walls, Part 5/6

Once they're inside the wedding venue, Rapunzel sighs with relief as they find a place to hide the cart. "Thank you, Vex," she says. But the girl isn't interested in thanks. She asks for the rest of her money, and once Rapunzel gives it to her she walks away contentedly.

Finally, the others are able to crawl out from beneath the cart. Cassandra exits first, coughing. "Why was I the one to get stuck in a box with Captain Foot Odor?" She jabs a finger at Hook Foot once he crawls out. "You've got enough stink for two feet!"

"Couldn't agree more," Varian says, plugging his nose as he exits (or rather, falls out of) the cart, relieved that Cassandra was referring to Hook Foot and not him.

"How dare you, miss Viking Breath!" Hook Foot says to Cassandra. "What, do you brush your teeth with onions?"

     "Ohhh, you really shouldn't have said that," Varian warns as Cassandra growls and prepares to draw her sword.

     "Okay guys, guys!" Rapunzel says, stopping Cassandra. "Stick to the plan. You three grab our friends, while I cause a distraction." She smirks as she says this.

     "You know, I still think I could help out with that distraction," Varian says

     "Thanks Varian, but I think I've got this covered," Rapunzel says, staring mischievously at the black rocks jutting out of the ground all around the wedding venue.

     As the band tune their instruments and begin to play, Rapunzel and the others walk along the outskirts of the venue inconspicuously. But Rapunzel takes notice of a large swan statue, and stops in front of it. "Oh, come on! Really?! Ugh! I don't usually make fun of other people's tastes, but that's just tacky!" She shudders. "I bet Stalyan picked it out."

     "Rapunzel!" Cassandra whispers harshly, grabbing the princess and pulling her to the side before anyone notices her.

     The four of them stand behind the dessert table, as they notice a small group of people approach the alter... and one of them is Eugene. "Oh, look!" Rapunzel says with a gasp. "There he is."

     Suddenly, the bridal processional begins to play. Everyone in attendance turns to see Stalyan begin to walk down the aisle, her father by her side. She is holding a bouquet of flowers, but other than that she is wearing the exact same clothes as before. Rapunzel watches sadly, pain evident in her eyes.

 Rapunzel watches sadly, pain evident in her eyes