There's Something About Hook Foot, Part 2/4

After Hook Foot remains stationary for a moment, the expression on his face frozen in place, the others approach him worriedly. "I think he's just a little anxious, that's all," Eugene says. "He-He's gonna be fine."

Rapunzel waves her hand in Hook Foot's face. "Uh, Hook Foot?" But instead of coming to, Hook Foot falls backward and lands in the water.

"You wanna grab a pulse?" Eugene asks Rapunzel. She rushes to his side to check on him, and helps him out of the water.

"You gonna be alright there, buddy?" Lance asks.

"Sorry, it's just... I've never been on a date before," Hook Foot admits.

"Yeah... You and me both," Varian says with a chuckle.

"Don't worry Hook Foot, Eugene and I will help you!" Rapunzel says eagerly.

"We will?" Eugene asks her. But when she glares at him he nods and adds, "I mean, we will! Of course we will."

As the three of them head off together to prepare Hook Foot for his date, and the others start returning to the shelter, Varian hesitates. He could go back to the shelter with Cassandra and Lance, but... he sees how successful Rapunzel and Eugene's relationship is. He knows that they are probably going to give Hook Foot some great advice, advice he might be able to use if he's ever going to have a shot with Cassandra someday. Yes, he knows she is eight years older than him and his chances are very slim. But he can't just give up, right? After making sure nobody is paying attention to him, he sneaks off after Rapunzel, Eugene, and Hook Foot.

"Alright, Hook Foot, let's meet this special lady!" Rapunzel says excitedly. "If we're gonna help you, we need to see who we're dealing with."

Hook Foot sighs nervously, and leads them to a beautiful lagoon. Varian continues following them, completely unnoticed.

 Varian continues following them, completely unnoticed

"Uh, oh... there she is," Hook Foot says, pointing to a woman swimming in the lagoon. He fiddles with his shell necklace anxiously.

     "Hey hey hey hey, relax!" Eugene says, squeezing his shoulder. "You're in great hands here, Foot, okay? I am the dating master!"

That's what I'm hoping, Varian thinks as he watches them from behind a large rock.

Rapunzel stares at Eugene with her arms folded, and Eugene realizes the error in his words. "Former dating master," he corrects. "But I can still give you some pointers about love."

"Hook Foot doesn't need pointers," Rapunzel says. "He just needs to speak from the heart."

"Oh, no no no... It's not about speaking from the heart, Blondie," Eugene says. "It's about the charm."

Suddenly, Hook Foot belches loudly. "Ugh, I thought that crawfish smelled bad goin' in!" He says, chuckling.

Yeah, he's got tons of charm... Varian thinks as he rolls his eyes.