Rapunzeltopia, Part 5/5

Rapunzel awakens with a gasp. She sits up from the table, the vines withered and the building crumbling around her. She hops up, and quickly frees Pascal from his cage.

     "Blondie!" Eugene says with relief. The vines pinning him and Lance to the wall wither too, and the two of them drop to the floor.

     "Eugene!" Rapunzel says, rushing to his side. She gives him a kiss on the lips.

     "Hate to be a squeaky third wheel, but can we get out of here, please?!" Lance shouts. "This place is coming down!"

     The building shakes violently as the gang hop up. "Varian? Where are you?!" Rapunzel calls out.

     "Ri-right here," Varian replies, sprinkling his powder over himself to become visible again as the withering vines release him. He rushes across the room to join the others, dodging the crumbling rocks and flowing sand.

 He rushes across the room to join the others, dodging the crumbling rocks and flowing sand

     "Where did you come from?" Lance asks as he and Eugene stare at Varian in shock.

     "He can explain later," Rapunzel says. "Now, follow me!" She grabs Eugene by the hand and rushes out the door, as Lance and Varian follow closely behind.

     As the building crumbles and decays around them, a flood of sand rushes through the hallways. It forces the gang out a door, and they find themselves outside the House of Yesterday's Tomorrow. They shield themselves as the entire building turns into sand, and blows away with a powerful wind. Even Tromus disintegrates right in front of their eyes.

     "This isn't over!" He shouts angrily before vanishing with the rest of the House.

     As the wind finally calms down, all that remains is an immense pile of pink sand. Rapunzel sighs, holding onto Eugene. "Everybody okay?" She asks.

     Pascal sneezes sand out of his nose in response, but otherwise seems fine.

     "Well, well, well," they hear Shorty say as he approaches the rest of the group. He is followed by Maximus, Fidella, and Ruddiger. "Look who finally decided to show up!"

     "Shorty?" Lance says joyfully.

     Rapunzel eagerly rushes to embrace the horses. "Max! Fidella! Oh, it's so good to see you two!"

     Ruddiger bounds toward Varian, and leaps into his arms as he chitters excitedly. "Buddy!" Varian says, giving his raccoon a squeeze. "I missed you!"

 "I missed you!"