Forest of No Return, Part 5/5

With no map and no Adira or Eugene to guide them, the gang continue to trek through the forest on their own the best they can. They come upon a bunch of strange but beautiful purple, orange, and blue flowers.

     "These are the prettiest flowers I've ever seen," Cassandra remarks.

     "They're like medicine for my soul," Hook Foot adds.

      Varian admires the flowers for a moment, but he can't seem to shake the feeling that they are now in danger. He walks over to Rapunzel to express his concerns, but she seems to be figuring it out for herself. As she touches one of the flowers, green goop strings off on her fingers. "Wait... 'Don't mistake the beauty for what it truly is. Pure evil'," she says, quoting Adira's story.

     As the flowers begin to move, Rapunzel and Varian back away. "Guys, I don't think these are flowers!" Rapunzel says.

     The 'flowers' suddenly unfold into huge, terrifying spider-like creatures with large fangs and bat wings

     The 'flowers' suddenly unfold into huge, terrifying spider-like creatures with large fangs and bat wings. One lets out a bloodcurdling roar, and everyone screams.

     "Definitely not flowers! Definitely not flowers!" Varian panics, ducking behind the princess.

     "Spiders! Why does it always have to be spiders?!" Lance says, having flashbacks of the Baron's spider that bit him. He tries to run away, but one of the creatures grabs him and wraps him up in its web silk.

     Rapunzel, Cassandra, and Varian are now surrounded by the creatures. "It's the Drexis!" Rapunzel says as one grabs Hook Foot and flies off with him.

     "Rapunzel, run!" Cassandra says. But as she runs herself, a Drexis picks her up and tries to carry her away.

     "Cass, no!" Varian shouts. He runs to help her, but is soon scooped up by a Drexis himself.

 He runs to help her, but is soon scooped up by a Drexis himself

     Rapunzel rushes toward Cassandra and grabs her by the legs. She pulls, but is forced to release when another Drexis approaches her from behind. It is just about to attack, when the swishing of a sword in front of it scares it away. Rapunzel is relieved to see Adira and her black rock sword.