Destinies Collide, Part 1/8

Varian is riding in the front of the caravan with Eugene, hanging on for dear life as the horses gallop at full-speed.

     "Yah!" Eugene exclaims, cracking the reins.

     "I get that you're anxious to get to the Dark Kingdom, but could you slow it down please?!" Varian shouts.

     Ruddiger is clinging to the roof of the caravan, until the girls pop up from inside. The raccoon uses the opportunity to climb down and retreat into the safety of the caravan.

     Suddenly, the caravan comes to a direct stop. Ahead of them is a steep drop, and beyond that a cluster of black rocks all pointing in one direction... to the Dark Kingdom, the form of which can be seen in the distance.

     "We made it," Rapunzel says in awe as everyone files out of the caravan. "The Dark Kingdom."

     "Well, technically, we're not there yet," Varian points out.

     "Yep," Eugene agrees. "We need a way to get the ol' camper down there."

     As he says this, they hear the caravan begin to roll away behind them. "Whoa, whoa— Wait, wait, wait!" Rapunzel shouts after it, but it's too late. The caravan rolls over a cliff and crashes into a million pieces below.

     "No! Not again!" Eugene shouts as they all stare down at the wreckage in dismay.

     "It served us well," Lance says with a sigh.

     "Why did you guys unhitch yourselves from it?!" Varian shouts at the horses. "All of my supplies were in there!" He checks his apron pocket, and pulls out a couple of small containers. "The only things I have with me now are my invisibility solution and re-visibility dust."

"Forget your stuff, all of my clean clothes were in there!" Shorty says.

Lance puts his hands on his hips. "Shorty, you didn't have any clean clothes."

Shorty scoffs. "Well, not with that attitude, I didn't."

They all roll their eyes at him, but Rapunzel turns around to once again face in the direction of the Dark Kingdom. She trudges closer to the edge of the drop, and stops to gaze at the foreboding sight in the distance.

Cassandra notices, and walks up behind her. "Your destiny awaits, Princess."

"You sure you're ready for this?" Eugene asks, joining them.

"I just wish I knew what this is," Rapunzel replies as Varian comes up to them and stands next to Cassandra. "I mean, Demanitus said if I don't grab the Moon Stone, the black rocks will destroy everything. But... I have no idea what to expect to happen to me when I do."

"I don't know," Cassandra admits with a sympathetic smile. "But whatever happens, you won't be facing it alone. It's more important now than ever before that we stick together, united."

Varian nods in agreement. "Yep, it's now or never..." He says with a nervous sigh.

" He says with a nervous sigh