Beyond the Corona Walls, Part 6/6

Varian watches as Rapunzel sneaks along the ground, finally arriving at Eugene's feet.

     Lance mumbles, and Eugene groans worriedly. "We're running out of time!" He shouts.

     "Well this party stinks," they hear Stalyan say, oblivious to Rapunzel's presence. "Alright Rider, let's get out of here!"

     At this very moment, the fog begins to dissipate. Able to see clearer, Rapunzel tosses her hair and wraps Eugene up in it. "His name is Eugene!" She shouts as she pulls Eugene towards her.

     But Stalyan still has a grip on the rope that is tied around Eugene, and she tugs him back towards herself. "His name is Rider, and he belongs with me!"

     "How would you know?!" Rapunzel responds as the two of them continue to play tug-of-war with Eugene. "You had to poison his best friend to get him to marry you!"

     "That is a good point, Rapunzel," Eugene says, grunting from being jerked back and forth.

     "In fairness, that was my dad's idea!" Stalyan shouts.

     "Ladies, there's probably a better way to work this out!" Eugene says as their tugs become more urgent.

     "We'll 'work this out' as soon as we get back to the caravan!" Rapunzel says.

     Realizing that this isn't doing any good, Pascal crawls along Rapunzel's hair towards Stalyan. He hops on the rope at her end, and stops directly in front of her face.

     "And just what are you gonna do, frog?" Stalyan says.

     Pascal stares at her for a moment, and then flicks his tongue out at her nose. She screams, dropping the rope. Rapunzel tugs on her hair one more time, finally pulling Eugene to her side.

     "I love you!" He tells her as he falls to the ground.

     "We need that antidote, Pascal!" Rapunzel shouts, and Pascal nods in understanding.

    With Varian's fog having completely disappeared now, everyone can see clearly again. The Baron's men rush at Rapunzel, their swords raised. But she lassos a nearby food table with her hair, and pulls it in their path. Food flies everywhere, and some lands beside Shorty, who is at Lance's side. "Hooray! Sky chicken!" The old man shouts excitedly, scooping some up and munching on it.

     The Baron's men begin to attack again. One of them raises his sword at Varian before he can have time to react. Cassandra jumps in front of Varian, blocking the man's sword with her own. "Raps, time to roll out Plan C!" She shouts.

     "I don't have a Plan C," Rapunzel replies as she and Eugene are backed against one of the tacky swan statues

     "I don't have a Plan C," Rapunzel replies as she and Eugene are backed against one of the tacky swan statues. "I thought these rocks would react like they did back in Corona!"