You're Kidding Me! Part 4/5

Rapunzel watches Eugene and Lance leave the dining hall. "You know Cass, Eugene shouldn't be so rigid with Lance. That's why I'm glad we approached our relationship with a mutual respect, and built a solid rapport—" But she stops mid-sentence when she feels Varian tugging on her hair. She glances down at him, and he points to the spot where Cassandra was which is now empty. "And she's missing... Okay then, alright."

     Leading Varian by the hand, and with Shorty in her arms, Rapunzel heads out of the dining hall and down the hallway in search of Cassandra.

     "Cass? Where are you?" She calls out, as Shorty coos excitedly. But when he begins to cry, Rapunzel attempts to shush him.

     With an ecstatic "Woo-hoo!" Cassandra comes flying down the hallway, using a metal shield as a skateboard. She zips past Rapunzel, jumps off of the shield, and lands on the table in front of the princess. Varian's eyes widen, and he isn't sure whether to feel awed or terrified.

     "Okay, come on!" Rapunzel says to Cassandra. "We're running out of time."

     "You can't touch the floor," Cassandra tells her. "It's made of lava! You're burning!"

     At the mention of lava, Varian jumps off the floor and attaches himself to Rapunzel's hair. "Lava!"

     "Ow!" Rapunzel says, attempting to remove him but proving unsuccessful as Shorty continues to cry

"Ow!" Rapunzel says, attempting to remove him but proving unsuccessful as Shorty continues to cry. "Cassandra, we only have about fifteen more—"

     "You're burning!" Cassandra shouts with more intensity.

     Rapunzel sighs and continues to try and shush Shorty, but allows Varian to hang from her hair.

     "Aww, I thought my voice 'mattered'," Cassandra moans.

     Rapunzel sighs again, and climbs up on top of another table as Varian finally releases her hair. As she does this, Shorty slides out of her arms, down to the floor, and begins crawling away.

     "Oh no, the baby's headed straight for the lava lake!" Cassandra shouts. "Oh no!" Rapunzel starts to climb off the table towards Shorty, but Cassandra shakes her head. "No, that's lava!"

     Rapunzel groans, but leaps from table to table until she can finally scoop up Shorty. "Not bad, huh Cass?" But when she doesn't get a reply, she realizes that Cassandra has disappeared yet again. She rolls her eyes, and looks to Varian who is still standing a couple tables back. He points her in the right direction, and they follow after Cassandra.

     After hearing something shatter down the hallway, they follow the sound and find Cassandra still leaping and swinging without touching the floor.

     "Hey Cass, I think the lava's gone now," Rapunzel says.

     "Yeah, you know what? You're right," Cassandra replies. "It's acid!"