Peril on the High Seas, Part 1/4

The night of the new moon has finally arrived. The cargo ferry is in port, and the gang are currently loading their supplies —plus their rebuilt caravan— onto the ship. Varian is more than ready to be leaving this island.

     Everyone has changed back into their normal outfits, but while on the island Varian discovered that he actually enjoys the freer feeling of not wearing such a heavy apron over his clothing. So he decided to cut off the top part of his apron, and he now has the other half tied around his waist. It is much lighter, while also still being practical.

     As they finish loading up, Varian notices Shorty staring at a miniature ship in a bottle. He holds the neck of the bottle up to his mouth, but the model ship doesn't budge. Varian shakes his head, and points at the old man as Cassandra passes by. She rolls her eyes, and grabs Shorty by the back of his shirt. "Come on, quit dawdling!" She says, dragging him along with her.

 "Come on, quit dawdling!" She says, dragging him along with her

     "Who's dawdling?" Shorty asks. "I'm trying to drink a boat."

     On the dock, Varian notices that Alfons has come to see them off, and he has a child Lorb with him. "You know, my little Schlutchowsen?" Alfons says to the kid. "For as disgusting, loutish, and incredibly unsightly as they were, I'm going to miss those stupid freinfloofers!"

Rapunzel and Eugene watch as the caravan is lifted onto the ship. "Well, I'm so glad the ferry's here so we can finally get off this island," Rapunzel says.

     "And when we get back on land, we'll have a brand-new set of wheels," Eugene says enthusiastically, gesturing towards the caravan.

     "Heh, I wouldn't exactly call it 'brand-new'," Varian says with air quotes.

     "Yep. It took six weeks of back-breaking work," Lance says, wiping his brow. "But, here we are!"

     Eugene chuckles sarcastically. "Yeah, of course, four of those weeks were spent ensuring all the specifications were up to 'Corona Transport Code.' Thank you very much, Max." He glares at the horse.

     Maximus turns away and holds his head high, snorting with irritation.

     "Oh Max," Rapunzel coos, coming up to the horse and petting his muzzle gently. "You're such a stickler. Aren't you? You're just a stickler." His tail wags like a dog's as she continues to scratch him.

     "Look at it," Hook Foot says, patting the side of the caravan. "Good as new!" He kicks one of the rear wheels with his hook, but it gets stuck. He attempts to pull the hook out, but when he does part of the wheel breaks off and the caravan leans over.

     "You should have used your other—" Eugene begins to say.

     "—My other foot. Yeah, I know..." Hook Foot finishes.

     Alfons laughs hardily. "Stupid, stupid freinfloofers!"

     "Eh, don't sweat it," Varian says with a swipe of his hand. "I'll get that wheel repaired in no time. Plus, I have some new modifications I've been working on that I'll install on the way."