You're Kidding Me! Part 2/5

After putting away the teddy bear she's been playing with, Rapunzel turns to Eugene and says, "Well, we'd better keep looking for a way out of here."

He smiles at her in agreement, but both of them are caught off guard when they hear kids laughing. They follow the sound, and it leads them to the dining hall... where two children are running around throwing food and dishes at each other, and another is curled up under the table sound asleep. But the really horrible thing is... these children look a lot like Cassandra, Lance, and Varian.

 these children look a lot like Cassandra, Lance, and Varian

"Are those..." Eugene begins to say.

"...Our friends?" Rapunzel finishes for him, sounding shocked and confused.

Little Lance chases Little Cassandra. "You can't catch me!" She taunts. She dives under the table, causing Lance to faceplant into it. She then laughs as she grabs some food off the table, and pelts it at Lance. He blocks her attacks with his hands, but continues to cackle. Little Varian remains where he is, oblivious to everything around him.

Pascal rubs his eyes, in utter disbelief.

"Ehh..." Eugene says as he rubs the back of his head, unsure what to do about this situation.

Hearing a cooing noise, Rapunzel looks down and sees a tiny baby Shorty tugging at the end of her dress. She bends over to scoop him up, and is surprised to discover that even as a baby he still has a beard.

Eugene groans as an egg splatters against his face.

"Tag! You're it, Fitzherjerk!" Little Cassandra says.

"Yep, definitely them," Eugene says with a glare as he wipes the egg from his face.

"Best. Playtime. Ever!" Little Cassandra shouts as she bounces against a chair and swings from the chandelier. She tosses another egg, but it lands with a splat! on the floor and awakens Little Varian. He moans sleepily, crawls out from under the table, and lies down at Rapunzel's feet, once again falling asleep. The princess stares down at him in bewilderment.

Cassandra and Lance continue to play tag, until Eugene steps in and stops them. "Playtime is over! We have to figure this out," he tells them. He gestures for the two of them to sit in chairs at the table, and then he picks up the sleeping Varian and places him in a chair as well while Rapunzel continues to hold baby Shorty.

Eugene starts to pace, wracking his brain. Cassandra sits with her elbows on the table, seeming bored. Lance crawls onto the table and begins to stack dishes and silverware. Varian watches Eugene, sleepy-eyed.

"Okay, okay... Something in this house has turned you all into children," Eugene says. "So if we're going to turn you back, we're gonna need answers."

"Na-na-na," Cassandra says mockingly, hopping out of the chair.

Eugene rolls his eyes. "What about you, Varian? You're supposedly the smart one. Anything to say about what did this to you?" But Varian only stares at him blankly. He understands the words coming out of Eugene's mouth, but does not feel a desire to respond.