Lost and Found, Part 3/5

As the group wander through the maze, Rapunzel sketches out the path they're taking in her journal. "This is so much fun! Okay, so that was a— a right turn..."

"Yikes!" Varian shrieks, catching sight of a creepy skeleton. He hides behind Rapunzel, but then clears his throat embarrassedly. "I mean, uh... Yeah, that... that's creepy."

     Eugene observes the skeleton, which appears to still have an eyeball in one of its eye sockets

Eugene observes the skeleton, which appears to still have an eyeball in one of its eye sockets. "Not encouraging..." He says, cringing.

As they move on, they come to a giant stone door blocking their path. Etched into it are the words, A room with no way in and no way out, see it in the rain but never in a drought.

Rapunzel reads the words aloud. "It's a riddle!" She says, clapping her hands excitedly. "I. Love. Riddles! Okay, no one tell me the answers. I got this!"

"Seriously, riddles?" Eugene remarks as Rapunzel begins attempting to solve it. "What the heck are riddles gonna do for us here?!"

"Riddles shall help you get through the maze," Demanitus replies.

"Again, genius!" Varian exclaims.

"And also... faith." Demanitus adds. He climbs onto Eugene's shoulder, saying this directly next to his ear. He then begins chewing on Eugene's hair.

"Cut it out!" Eugene says, annoyed.

"Sorry... habit," Demanitus says, hopping off of Eugene's shoulder.

Eugene groans disgustedly, as his hair is now wet. He gives Varian a side glance, who only shrugs in response.

"You must not believe in only what you see," Demanitus tells them, finding a stick and using it to scratch his back.

"Alright, look," Eugene says. "When you grow up like I did, you learn real quick: The difference between believing only what you see and 'having faith things will work out' could be the difference between eating a hot meal, or having your last."

Demanitus taps on Eugene's arm disapprovingly with his stick.

"I don't want your flea-scratching stick!" Eugene shouts.

Suddenly, Varian's eyes grow wide. "Eugene, you... you have something on your shoulder."

Eugene glances down, and sees a huge spider on his shoulder. "Ah! Gimme the stick, gimme the stick!" He screams, jerking the stick away from Demanitus and using it to swipe the spider off.

But to their dismay, this isn't the only spider. The 'eye ball' inside the skeleton is, in fact, itself a spider. It crawls out of the skull, and is joined by hundreds of other spiders crawling along the wall behind it... all with a pattern on their abdomens that looks exactly like an eye. They begin to crawl towards the group and surround them.