A Very Walker Christmas

December 25th, 2020.

Opening presents on Christmas Day couldn't get any better...if you know what I mean. "Mom! Dad! Wake up! It's Christmas!" The cheery voices shouted. Breanna shook me a few times while Jace thumped Bryce's forehead. He woke up, groaning. "Jace, stop! You're gonna give me a blemish." He muttered. I playfully rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Merry Christmas cuties!" I cheered. They smiled happily. "Merry Christmas!" They said. We rolled out of bed and stretched. Jace pulled my arm gently. "Cmon! I wanna open first!" He said, smiling. Breanna shoved him to the floor. "No! Mine first!" She begged. He thumped her forehead. "No, mine!" He glared. She growled. "Mine!" She told him. Within a second, their argument fell into place. I pushed them gently to outside the door and I closed. They were still arguing and trading insults. Bryce breathed a breath of relief. "Thank you!" He whispered. I nodded in agreement. We went in the bathroom and got prepared for the cheerful day. The kids's bickering finally stopped. I opened the door. They crossed their arms, pouting. We shared confusion. "What's wrong?" Bryce asked. Breanna unfolds her arms and huffed. "You left us hanging!" She said. We laughed, making me kiss her cheek. "It's ok babygirl. We didn't wanna hear your obnoxious bickering in the morning." I told her. Jace shrugged. "I forgive you. I'm sorry Breanna annoyed you." He said, chuckling. She stuck her tongue out. I playfully rolled my eyes and smiled. "Remember? It's Christmas!" I reminded. Their faces lit up, cheering. "Christmas!" They said and raced downstairs. Bryce chuckled. "Hilarious." He told me. I nodded in agreement. We followed behind and found thirteen gifts under the tree. "Ok, who should go- I was cut off when they were already tearing open the presents. I laughed and shrugged. Bryce smiled as we grabbed our presents to open.

The kids received cool gifts. Jace got the Michael Jackson Experience Wii game, Nintendo DS, a Basketball set and LED hoverboard. Breanna got a cute Galaxy glass rose, pink Instax camera, Nickelodeon slime box and Tie Dye Letter cami top with shorts. Our gifts were precious too. My husband knew exactly how to spoil me. I love him too much. Jace smiled excitingly. "Can't wait to play MJ! I love Thriller!" He said, making an MJ pose. I chuckled. "I'm sure you will. I'll tell Aunt Paris about it." I told him. Bryce laughed. "We should've got him the Thriller jacket." He slightly joked. I nodded in agreement. "That explains his obsession with monsters." Breanna added, rolling her eyes. I looked down to giggle. Jace turned on his hoverboard. I cleared my throat. "Nope! Not until we clean this paper up. Last time, someone fell off the hoverboard falling into piles of stuffed animals." I said firmly. Breanna smiled sheepishly. He chuckled. I checked my phone clock. It's now 10pm. We need to get everything ready when our families arrive. Bryce held my hand tightly. "You ok?" He asked. I looked up and sighed. "Firstly, we need to get ready for our Christmas party. Secondly, I'm concerned it'll be much more dramatic than our Thanksgiving one." I told him. He patted my shoulder. "I'm sure it won't." He assured. Breanna giggled. "I loved the food fights! Can we do it more often?" She said. Jace scoffed, looking up from the hoverboard. "Can you shut it?" He sassed. They stuck their tongues at each other. I huffed. "Alright kids! Let's throw away the wrappings and take your gifts upstairs. Your family is coming over for Christmas dinner, we need to go." I told them. They nodded in understanding. We cleaned up the wrapping paper and took our presents upstairs. I rushed downstairs to the kitchen. I'm in charge of cooking, Bryce and the kids sets up the dinner table and chairs. He winked at me. I returned the gesture. Smells of ingredients filled the air as I start making pasta and lasagna. "Mom, is it ok if I help you cook?" Breanna asked. That question made me smile. My daughter asking me if we can cook together. It'll happen a few years later too. I smiled happily. "Sure, hon." I said. She cheered, picking up the big spoon.

*****

Pasta and linguine were hot and ready. It needed time to cool off for an hour. Bryce and Jace did an amazing job on the dinner table. I'm so proud Breanna learned well on her first time cooking. Although she made tiny mess involving the noodles on the stove. The kids brushed their teeth, took showers and got dressed. Lexi's decorating was already done in the living room.