The Truth Part 2

Next morning became a rush for me and Bryce. I cooked breakfast for us to eat. He showered, brushed teeth and fixed his hair. I cleaned the kitchen table, washed dishes and vacuumed the living room. Bryce helped with the vacuuming. I used furniture spray to keep the pillows and couches clean. We wanted the house to stay clean by tomorrow when Sabrina brings Jace. Bryce wants it all to be perfect when he's about to become a dad. Me? I'm just happy to finally have my baby in my arms and he won't go. We took a nice break and grabbed water bottles. I smiled. "This is so great." I said. He nodded. "Yeah. Who knew we'd get up to actually clean our house?" He said, jokingly. I laughed. "I have to admit. I appreciate being organized and clean. I really hate mess." I said. He chuckled. "I can see that, due to your complaints about roaches on the windows." He said. I rolled my eyes. "There was roaches! I actually had to grab one and throw it in the trash!" I complained. He chuckled. "Still love you baby." He said. I sighed and drank the bottle. My mind thought about my family. How they would react to me being a mom. I hope they'll understand because I didn't have a choice to become a mom at 13. All I wanted was to be Jace's mom. I sighed. He looked at me. "You ok?" He asked. "It's my family. I don't know their reaction will be. I mean, I made a decision so I can be apart of Jace's life. These things just happen. I didn't even know myself I was gonna be pregnant then. I just want everything to work out. Besides, I'm ready. I'm ready to be there for Jace." I said. He smiled and kissed my lips. "I'm ready for that too. I don't want no son out there without a father. I want him apart of my life too. Things can happen, that's true. So why you're worried?" He said. I caressed my hair. I smiled a bit. "I guess you're right. Maybe they'll be ok with it. Phil and Skip would be happy to become uncles. Meadow and Alyssa are his aunts. Mostly, dad is his grandpa. He'll be so happy seeing everyone." I said, referring to Jace. He nodded. "We should get busy with the guest room." He said. I mouthed 'ok' to him. We stopped our break and went upstairs. Bryce went in our storage supplies and pulled out cans of paint. I pulled out two blankets for the floor so nothing gets painted on. With that, we begun working on Jace's new room.

*****

His favorite color is blue like me. So the paint is full-on blue. We painted the walls blue. Next, Bryce flipped the bed over to find the floor needing to be vacuumed. We put the cans away and bring the vacuum. I vacuumed the whole room. Bryce was in charge of bringing boy-related things to decorate. I added photo frames of me and Jace, him and dad and mom. Some of himself. I have pictures of him with the girls on my phone. Bryce walked in with a poster in both hands. I looked at it then back at him. "What's this?" I asked. He smiled. "A poster for his room!" He said, turning it around. My jaw dropped. I covered my mouth, almost to laugh.

 I covered my mouth, almost to laugh

"You think he'll love it?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah! He loves Avengers! He saw Avengers; Endgame and loved it. He would pretty much flip if he's got a poster!" I said. He chuckled and hangs it up. I smiled and admired our work in here. My little bean will love it! That's an actual nickname I call him. My cute bean. "By the way, how you're gonna tell your family?" He asked. I sighed. "Not here at least. I'll come to dad's house and bring Jace." I said. He nodded. The door bell ringed. I ran downstairs and opened the door. Simone was here. I smiled widely. "What the hell?!" I said. She laughed. We both hugged. Wow, she look amazing. Wearing heels, a sundress and straight hair. I smiled. "You look beautiful. It's been a while." I said. "I know right? I forgot to ask. How's Jace? How's Bryce?" She said. I chuckled. "They're fine. Guess who's having their baby back?" I said. Her jaw dropped in shock. "Seriously?" She said. I nodded. She hugged me tightly. I hugged back. "That's great! When does Sabrina bring him?" She said. "Tomorrow." I said, chuckling. She looked at me in awe. "Right now, we're turning our guest room into his new room." I said. She smirked. "I can imagine how that's doing." She said. Bryce came downstairs with splats of blue paint on his shirt. Chuckles filled our mouths. "What happened?" I asked. He sighed. "I accidentally tripped over the can and it spilled on me." He said. My jaw dropped. "Oh damn. Did it get on the floor?" I said. He nodded. "Yes but I cleaned it." He said. I breathed a breath of relief. He smiled at Simone. "Hey, Simone." He said. She waved. "Hey, Bryce! I heard Jace's coming tomorrow so you'll be doing baby duties." She said. He chuckled. "Yup. I always want to be a father." He said. She smiled in awe. "Hope you guys have a wonderful life as a family." She said. "Thanks." We both said. She shrugged. "I need to go. I got wifey duties to attend!" She said. I chuckled and showed her to the door. She waved. I waved and closed the door.

*****

Our work on Jace's room was finished. We were both exhausted and took a relaxing break. Overall, he's gonna love what we done for him. I grabbed a can of margarita from the cellar. Bryce breathed heavily. "Get me one, babe." He said. I scoffed. "Your favorite drink is not margarita." I said. He playfully rolled his eyes. I went in the fridge and pulled out a corona. I handed it to him. He smiled in relief. "Thanks baby." He said. I chuckled and carefully drank. I smiled at the thought of Jace. "I'm excited to meet Jace! What do you think he'll say to me?" He said, anxious to know. I chuckled. "Other than hi?" I playfully guessed. He rolled his eyes. "I'm serious, Lizzy." He said. I scoffed. "Bryce, he'll love you and it'll be better having another guy in the house he can play with." I said. He smiled and kissed my cheek. I threw away the bottle. He did the same. "Alright, do we still gotta finish Jace's room?" He asked. I nodded my head no. "No, I think everything's good." I said. He nodded. We continued our break and sat on the couch. Bryce turned on Captain America; the First Avenger. I swear, him and Jace will be super close. I excused myself and drank the last bit of my margarita. On my phone, I left a few texts to Sabrina. Some involve 'I can't wait to see my bean' and 'how is he lately?' Much of them's about Jace. I'm mostly thinking about the media. If they know, it'll be good for my fans to hear but the paps? If anyone shove a camera in our son's face, Bryce wouldn't be calm. I shouldn't mind them. My brain clicked. I smiled. I walked over to Bryce and sat next to him. He smiled. "Care to watch?" He joked. I playfully rolled my eyes. "I've seen the shit a couple of times." I said. He chuckled. "Babe, Jace is my son so the media will get hyped knowing about that. Instead of dealing with rumors and the paps, I could have an interview explaining about when I had him and why I couldn't raise him till now." I explained. He raised an eyebrow. "Really? That's good!" He said, smiling. I nodded. "That way, everyone won't make stupid lies or rumors." I said. He nodded in agreement. Our door bell ringed. We looked at each other and quickly got off the couch. We run-walked to the door. It's not like we're anxious to see Jace now or tomorrow. I inhaled a shaky breath. Bryce opened the door. Our jaws dropped. Jace was standing with his two suitcases. Not to mention, a girl about his age was next to him. She had straight brown hair, a pink shirt and wore high tops. She had two suitcases as well. She's a cute little missy. I managed to clear my throat. I smiled. "Hi cuties!" I said. Jace smiled and ran into my grasp. Bryce smiled sweetly at the girl and grabbed their suitcases. Jace giggled. "Hi mommy!" He said. The girl wrapped her arms around my waist. "Mommy!" She said. Me and Bryce's jaws dropped again. Mommy? But I'm not her biological mom. What is going on?