Jo Returns

1 week later.

Things were changing for the better. Our kids are now back to school. Me and Bryce indeed working. My interview with Jimmy Fallon introduced Bella to the world as our daughter. Millions of notifications blew up on our phones which is tremendous support and love from our fans. As for her condition, she's been taking her medicine after eating. It doesn't stop her from having seizures though. This Wednesday, we visited Simone and Zack after picking them up. She felt incredibly weird which meant it was coming. I explained everything to Simone and it is really cool she knew how to help. Thankfully she only had two this week but I only hope nothing occurs when we bring her to meet Dad and Jasmine this weekend. Today's Friday and I'm getting ready to work out. I undressed myself, changing into this outfit;

I filled my water bottle and came to my dance studio in the basement

I filled my water bottle and came to my dance studio in the basement. I turned on the TV, putting on YouTube. Sometimes my workouts are dance or cardio. I typed Body Project and the videos popped up. I pressed on low impact/fun cardio for all workout levels and started.

Once I finished, it was 55 minutes. Bryce is totally out with his friends but promised to pick up the kids later. Sweatiness was all over my body and forehead. I drank my bottle and stretched. Whoo! This feels good! I turned off the TV and walked upstairs for our room. I set my bottle aside and took a nice shower. I changed into loungewear, wrapping my hair in a ponytail. I kept drinking my bottle until my phone buzzed. Is that Bryce already? I checked and it's Simone calling. I answered. "Hello?" I said. She chuckled. "Hey, Liz! How are you? I've been meaning to call since Wednesday." She said. I smiled and flunked myself on the couch. "I'm great! I'm kinda sorry for what happened with Bella. We still need to tell my Dad and Jasmine. This definitely won't be pretty. Hopefully it will be." I said. "Liz, they'll understand. They're your parents! Not the tabloid assholes! You're being a good mother and making sure she stays healthy. I understand your house is sometimes filled with...havoc but it doesn't change how they'll react about whether the kids are sick or not. They'll be supportive like always." She advised. I'm in love with advice they're always giving. Lexi or Paris would've told me the same thing. "They're still at school?" She asked. I nodded. "Yup! Bryce is with his friends but he'll pick them up. I feel good after working out and letting that stress come off me." I said softly. She laughed. "True! It takes off that freaking headache about your agenda." She agreed. The doorbell ringed. Was that Bryce already? It's not time for the kids to leave. I sighed. "I'll call you back Simone." I said. "K! Good luck and ttyl." She said and hung up. I hopped off the couch, opening the door. It revealed someone I haven't seen in three years. My eyes widened. "Jo?" I said. She inhaled a deep breath and stood tall.

*****

A moment of silence was lingering while we made eye contact. Her look is completely different from the last time I seen her. She looks...good.

She cleared her throat

She cleared her throat. "This is weird considering we've been standing for two minutes." She said. I nodded in agreement. "Can't I come in?" She asked softly. Hm, she kidnapped my sister and tried to kill me in her place. Not to mention left behind her only daughter. "Aren't we supposed to be welcoming each other with knifes?" I asked sarcastically. Jo caressed her hair and sighed. "Please. I know you hate me but I've waited for this day since I got out. Please." She begged. Something tells me she isn't asking for trouble. If she were, she wouldn't be dressed like this. "Ok. On one condition." I told her firmly.

We sat on the couch across from each other. I took repercussions by handcuffing her hands. My distrust toward her is still there. I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow. "Ok, Jo. Why did you come here? And what do you need?" I asked. She scoffed, fake smiling. "After all this time...you don't remember? You arrested me and your rich ass took my daughter from my hands." She growled. My brain clicked by remembering Ally and giving her to my adoptive Mom. I nodded in disagreement. "No. I didn't steal her. You should thank me because if I left her behind, police would've called child services. The second they do you'd never see Ally again. I cared only about giving her a home." I explained. Jo groaned and moved her hands enough to yelp in pain. "Let me go! I'm not planning to take you out! I just wanna ask about my daughter and find out where you took her!" She begged. Within a minute, I gave in and pulled out the key to unlock the handcuffs. She breathed a breath of relief as I tossed them on the other couch. "My adoptive mother filed for guardianship. I couldn't be her caregiver but I was when we took her to my house. Feed, dress, bathe and watched cute movies. Excuse me for 'stealing' her because I didn't want you to lose the one precious thing you had in your life." I slightly growled. Tears fell from her eyes. My insides felt incredibly nuts over this. Maybe because I feel bad. She sniffled, taking a deep breath. "I'm...sorry. I'm really sorry for everything. We both know it's my fault I started this by capturing your sister. All I wanted is to be an amazing mother to Ally! You done nothing but took care of her and I thank you. In case you didn't know, I spent three years without her! Missed birthdays, holidays, especially my birthday where she could come visit me. Do you even know how it feels to be a mom?" She cried. I unfolded my arms and patted her shoulder for comfort. I truly understood what she felt. I'm a mother of three kids so the feeling is mutual. I smiled sadly. "I really do. I worry about mine everyday though I don't show it often. My teenage daughter is dealing with seizures and my parents have no clue until we bring her to meet them this weekend. You don't know how my family acts." I told her. We looked down and burst into laughter. Ok, seriously it's funny! I laughed a little hard. Jo giggled. Moments of silence was present as we calmed down from laughing. This is kinda nice since we never bonded like this before. Guess having children built our conversation. "Honestly, I'm glad you had my back by helping my baby girl. I'm super sorry for trying to kill you and Meadow. I finished mental health therapy while I was locked up. You're such a caring soul for people Liz. Those kids are very lucky." She said, smiling. I returned the gesture. "Thanks! I'm sure you'll be happy to see how grown up Ally's getting." I said. She nodded but whipped her head at me in shock. "What?" She said. I smirked.

*****

Taking Jo to meet Ally after three years was emotional. Mom wasn't a bit trustful about Jo so she decided she sign for visiting rights. Gladly, Ally isn't missing holidays or her birthdays with her birth mother anymore. She's now 5 years old and already love both her caregivers. I took the wheel and drove home. Bryce's car is parked in the driveway meaning they're here. I smiled, using my key and walking in. "Is it my gorgeous wife?!" He shouted across the house. I laughed. "Yes!" I shouted. In the living room, the kids were watching Stranger Things. They smiled once they saw me. "Hey, everybody! How's school?" I asked. Bella winked. "I've got an A+ on my history project!" She told me. I cheered happily. "Great! That's my smart big girl!" I said and kissed her forehead. She chuckled. Bryce nodded in agreement. "We're celebrating by having a Stranger marathon!" He slightly joked. We laughed. I flunked myself on the couch beside them. Thoughts about Jo flew in my mind. She really changed while being incarcerated and therapy. I'm very proud of her. Breanna laid her head on Bella's shoulder sleepily. Hm, she must be really tired. I rubbed Jace's hair as his eyes are glued to the screen. Whoo, a long day. Before I knew it their heads laid on my shoulders sleepily.