Easter Slime Challenge

I freaking love Easter!! For our kids, it's more like summer for them. We'd play egg hunting, eat chocolate bunnies, decorate real eggs with actual paint and wear cute onesies. Those are memories from last year. I'm also happy Bella's first Easter is with us and I wanna make it super awesome. I shopped because I already have an idea for the best Easter. After parking in the driveway, I texted Bryce to come help me with two bags. He came outside, waving. I smiled and got out the car. He pulled out the bags from the backseat. "Babe, what are these? You're shopping on Easter?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I chuckled and nodded my head no. "Nope! This is for everyone! Hurry!" I urged. We walked inside and closed the door. On cue, Jace raced downstairs smiling. "Happy Easter!" He cheered. I giggled, kissing his forehead. "Happy Easter baby! I am excited for this!" I said. Bryce placed the bags on the counter as we followed behind. "Why? We're not dressing up in onesies are we?" He asked, annoyed at the last part. Bryce nodded in agreement. "Yeah. I'm a little tired of that." He muttered. Honestly, me too. Sometimes I get kinda hot in those. "Nope! These supplies I bought means the best game we're gonna have on Easter. I can't tell you without the girls not knowing." I told him. Jace scoffed and smiled excitingly. "I can yell out their names to come! Please!" He begged. Bryce whistled. "Little man, let's bring out the chocolate bunnies but don't eat them." He said. He nodded, going into the pantry. I smirked. He returned the gesture while I went upstairs. Breanna wasn't hard to convince to go downstairs for this secret game. Bella's door was very much closed. No biggie because all teenage girls need privacy. I smiled and knocked. "Bella! Come out! Mom's got a nice Easter surprise!" I called. No response back. I was confused. I knocked two times. "Bella!" I called. No answer whatsoever. My brain clicked. Why is she not answering? She could have headphones on or sleeping. Damn! What if she's having a seizure?! Without hesitation, I opened the door. She was wearing headphones with her phone in hand and singing. I breathed a breath of relief.
I tapped her shoulder, making Bella turn around.
She took them off and smiled. "Hey Mom! I'm busy practicing my voice for the karaoke bar." She told me. Karaoke bar? She wanna perform again?
Great! I smiled widely. "That's good! We could go next weekend." I said. She smiled sheepishly.
"Ugh, I don't know about next weekend. I'll be...studying at my friend's house." She said. This better not be another reason for her to sneak out. I've had a rough fill from it and isn't getting more. I hummed in response. "Why?" I asked. Bella sighed. "Homework, mom." She answered. "Let's go! I got a surprise for you all!" I told her. She nodded, getting off the bed. We came downstairs to the kitchen where the kids and Bryce was talking. "Ahem!" I yelled. They looked up from the candy. "Our game for Easter is..." I trailed off. He playfully banged the counter as if he's banging drums. I laughed. "The Slime Challenge!" I cheered. They cheered except Bella who giggled. Bryce cheered happily as if he was their age. "We never done the slime challenge in a long time. Let's do it!" He said. Jace gasped. "Let's do teams! Guys vs girls!" He added. They chatted in agreement. Bella and Breanna wrapped their arms around mine. "Only the fans will say who did the best slime work because I'll be filming it." She told us. I smiled. Definitely! I've seen slime videos and love to do one for our friends and family to see. Bryce cleared his throat. "Babe, you got all the ingredients?" He asked. I quickly nodded.

One hour later, my home camera was on a stand while we're behind the counter with necessary essentials to make any kinds of slime. I clapped my hands. "Alright! 3, 2, 1!" I said. Bella turned on the recording and went back to her spot. We smiled toward the camera. 'Hello guys! Welcome to our first family video!" I said. The kids cheered happily as Bryce waved. "To celebrate Easter, we're gonna have our very own..." He trailed off. "Slime challenge!" We shouted in unison. I laughed. "It'll be girls vs guys to see who's slime is better. Let's get started!" I said. "Yeah!" Jace cheered. Bryce chuckled.

*****9 minutes later*****

Bryce held the camera, showing everyone our bowls of slime. "We're now done!" Bella said.
I smiled. "This looks good! Right guys?" I asked. Breanna nodded. "Yup!" She said, smiling.

Lizzy, Breanna & Bella

Bryce and Jace

These look pretty! Breanna found inspiration from JoJo Siwa to make a rainbow

These look pretty! Breanna found inspiration from JoJo Siwa to make a rainbow. Bella pulled out her phone and snapped pictures. "Cute!" She squealed. They chuckled while sticking their hands in the bowls. Bryce set the camera on the stand. "Ok! Vote down below in the comments and tell us which slime is awesome! Love you guys! Say bye kids!" I said. They waved, smiling. "Bye!" They said in unison. Bella blew a kiss and waved. I stopped the recording. Jace picked up his slime bowl. "Mom, can I keep this?" She asked. Breanna nodded in agreement and grabbed ours. "Yeah can we? Please!" She begged. Bryce scoffed. "Sure! You made it!" He said, chuckling. I nodded. "Don't eat them or spill it everywhere. Wash your hands first too." I told them. Soon we all cleaned our hands before the kids went upstairs. "I'll go...making sure they don't eat it." Bella said, winking. I laughed and nodded in agreement. This was a good Easter time.

Bella POV
Thankfully, Jace is only twirling his finger in the slime and Breanna's using both hands. I closed my door and went through my handbag. In the mornings, I take my pill after breakfast so no worries right now. My phone buzzed. Jayla was calling. Ms. Baker and Ms. Maya weren't the only ones who knew about my epilepsy. She helped me when I collapsed during class. I answered. "Hey J!" I said. "Hey Bels! How are you?" She asked. I sighed happily. "Really good. I done a slime challenge with my family online. Mom must be posting it now." I said. She chuckled. "Cool! Still wanna 'study?' My parents are out of town and it's just my older brother." She said. When Jayla say study, she actually mean use cigarettes her Dad own and smoke a few joints. I done it during my 14th birthday party in my last foster home. My parents could kill me if I come home freaking high. I gulped, managing to speak. "Jayla...I can't. I'm...doing chores next week." I partially lied. There's plenty reasons why I quitted smoking. Most of it is making my parents unadopt me or disown me. She groaned. "Girl, please. I can't be alone with my annoying brother." She muttered. My brain clicked. We can go swimming at my house. It'll be better because we're wearing swimsuits. I smirked. "How about swimming? My place has a big pool! The girls can join too!" I said. She laughed and hummed in response. "Swimming in Lizzy Walker's pool? Love it." She said. I covered my mouth to chuckle. "Yup. Saturday at 1!" I said. "Great! See you tomorrow Bels!" She said, hanging up. I breathed a breath of relief and flunked myself on the bed. God only knows if Mom will approve of my friends.