Forgiveness

Next week.

Silence. That's what our household been like since the gathering. Me and Bryce did talk about why me and Meadow fought. I was hurt that she did stuff with him but I can't believe he probably never told me either. I understand they were both drunk but the shitty news didn't forget about it. I haven't talked to Meadow since that night. I'm more likely hurt by everything she said and everything I said to her. I was just saying the truth. I am Rebecca's first born before her and I bonded with her more during the Hawaii trip. I really hope none of our family's disappointed or angry at how this turned out. We're sisters and sisters fight. But me and Meadow never fought about something stupid one of us did. I'm the big sister so I should point out what she did was wrong and help her learn from that mistake. I did my morning routine and ate breakfast. Bryce and I were really silent in the living room. I'm afraid if we talk, things will get worse. All I did was sit on the couch and look through my phone. I texted Phil and the guys on groupchat. Skip said Jasmine and dad were shocked over our fight. Mostly dad, though. He practically wanted us to come over and talk things out. I really can't face Meadow after all the hurtful things I said and she said. Bryce was in the kitchen, making himself a breakfast plate. He looked at me but I faced forward. "Can we talk?" He asked softly. There was a moment of silence. I sighed. "Why? I thought we did talk?" I asked. "If we did, things would've been alright now. But it's not. We haven't said anything to each other this week." He said. I finally turned to him. "Let me ask you a question. Did anywhere in your body that you felt to make out with my sister and never told me after we got back together? Pretty much everybody's being secretive." I said. He sighed.
"I was drunk, Lizzy. I don't even remember. But I know there's no justifications for what happened. Maybe I am a jackass for not telling you because I blacked out or I didn't bother to call you because I was afraid of losing your trust again. I truly know it was something I shouldn't had done. I was screwing up. You know that. I'm trying to be better and come to terms with my mistakes. I don't want you to be so angry with your sister because of me. It's my fault." He said. My head couldn't understand how he got that out of his chest. I got off the couch and walked up to him. "Me and Meadow...are having issues that don't include you. Family related. She needs to grow up and go visit Rebecca our mom because the past is indeed over and everybody makes mistakes. She did and now she's living her best clean life. Mistakes can happen but we can not live with it." I said. He caressed my cheek. "If that's true...why are you both not talking?" He said. I sighed. He's right. I'm here really upset at Meadow over something that happened last year. Me and Bryce broke up the same year! Finally, we're back together. I should be mad though because cmon, it's the rule in girl code. Never mess around with your sister's boyfriend. But people make mistakes and I forgave Rebecca. Meadow was only drunk when she did what she did. I sighed.
Have to accept people who make mistakes. It's apart of living. I caressed his cheek. "I'm sorry. This happened last year and we were still broken up. I can still be mad at Meadow because a girl don't mess with your sister's boyfriend. Yet everyone makes mistakes. I learned that from Rebecca...and you. I understand you were in a bad place and I wish I could've done something but I'm not psyhic. I love you with all my heart. And it doesn't matter what happened in the past and we can look forward to our future. Can you forgive me?" I said. He smiled softly. "Of course I do." He whispered. I wrapped my arms around his neck. His hands on my waist. We kissed passionately. I loved feeling his warm touch. It felt bubbly, soft and cute. The same touch I felt the day I met him. We parted. I shrugged. "I guess we could enjoy our morning." I said. He chuckled. "Yeah." He said. We spent our morning talking and laughing like we were 18 again.

*****

Our alone time continued on the bed. I was feeling under the weather so we took our time under the blankets. Suddenly, my forehead was burning up. I took a deep breath. He looked at me in concern.
"You ok? Are you hot?" He asked. I nodded. He felt the warmth of my forehead and wrapped a blanket over me. My stomach began to irritate me. I groaned in pain. "Babe, what's wrong?" He asked. I pointed at my stomach. He ran and came back with a trash can. The more my belly ached, the more I clutched onto it. I finally threw up in the can. God, what did I ate? I laid back onto the pillow. Sweat came off on my forehead. Bryce placed an ice pack on my head. I smiled weakly. Maybe I'm getting sick. I felt food coming back to my mouth. I threw up in the can again. He put a drink of Gingerale on the nightstand. He handed me soup. I carefully got up because my body felt weak and slow. He smiled. "Someone's got a cold." He said. I said nothing but took sips of the soup. "Why you're not talking?" He asked. I sighed. "Because I don't want my throat to be sore." I said. Funny, it didn't sounded sore. I ignored his chuckling and kept eating. He handed me my drink and I drank. I placed the soup on the nightstand. I laid back down and covered myself with the blankets. Thankfully, I had two pillows if I fall asleep. He rubbed my hair. "I'll get you medicine. Go ahead and get some rest." He said, placing a kiss on my cheek. I nodded. My eyes were drowsy which made me a little sleepy. Less than a minute, I was already asleep.

*****

Later, I woke up. People blew up my phone on groupchat. People-I meant family. I told them I was sick and they hoped I'll get better soon. My phone beeped with a text...from Meadow.

Mead🤗💗: Get well soon, sis.❤️

I smiled softly and rested my head sideways. I covered my mouth to sneeze. I finished my soup and Bryce gave a cap full of medicine. I drank the cup and gave it back to him. I became tired again so I fell into another slumber. He kissed my forehead. Man, I hate getting sick.