Innocent...Not Really

My blood in my body boiled as I heard that rude sentence from her. I cleared my throat. "Excuse me? What did you say?" I asked. Bella looked up and fake smiled. "Sorry, did I speak too fast? Being rich means you must have people working for you, cleaning for you, especially cooking." She sassed. Hm, it explains how much she doesn't know this family yet. I scoffed, placing my hand on my hip. "Ok. I know we just met but remember in my house, you keep that attitude to yourself. Nobody else cleans this house except me and Bryce, Jace and Breanna. We're the parents so we cook everyday for them. No freaking hell you oughta compare us to snobby-rich people. Keep that mouth dirty or you'll be cleaning the dishes since you're old enough. Understood?" I growled firmly. She huffed and crossed her arms. "Understood." She mumbled. I relaxed my shoulders, taking a deep breath. "Alright. Let's get start over. Are you hungry?" I asked. Bella quickly nodded. "I'll go make something. Need help with packing?" I said. She nodded her head no. "Nope, I'm good." She assured. I walked out of the room and skipped downstairs. Dang, is this what those ladies meant about what she's like? Sure she seem to have an attitude problem. It's understandable because she's a grumpy teenager like everybody else. It reminds me of Riley's little sister. I went in the kitchen and my phone buzzed. Texts from Bryce.

My King🥰👑: hey, on our way!👍🏼

Lizzy🦋😘: did u pick up any food?

My King🥰👑: there's an extra McDonald's burger in the fridge

Lizzy🦋😘: Thanks! :)

My King🥰👑: is everything ok with Bella?

Lizzy🦋😘: yea🙂

Hopefully, that's a good fake smile emoji. I opened the fridge and pulled out the wrapped up cheeseburger to heat in the microwave. Footsteps were heard which already meant someone's coming. Bella yawned, stretching. She must tired from the drive. "You ok? Tired?" I asked. She shrugged. "A little bit. I never went through a 30-minute drive." She said. I slightly chuckled. "Hella tiring." I joked. Bella nodded and giggled a bit. "By the way...I'm sorry about the whole rich thing. I'm used to being in families who don't cook for themselves. Mr. and Mrs. Hasselhoff are always high and made me cook dinner all the time. Either that or starve until I'm anorexic." She apologized. Made? How they made her? I can't pressure her to tell me more at this moment. I smiled warmly, patting her back. "It's ok Bella. You don't ever have to cook for anyone. You're not a grown up. It's our job to cook or order food for the kids to eat because we're the adults. Kids at fourteen shouldn't cook as if they're paying the bills. Maybe at fifteen I'll teach you so you could make some for yourself." I said. Her eyes widened. "Really? You'd do that?" She asked. I nodded. She inhaled a deep breath and smiled. "Thanks. I appreciate it." She said. The door bell ringed. Ooh showtime! She grabbed the burger and unwrapped it. I ran off to the door, opening the lock. Bryce and the kids's presence was shown. "Mom!" They said, smiling. I returned the gesture and hugged them. Bryce hung up his jacket on the racket. I motioned the kids to quiet and followed me into the kitchen. Their jaws dropped, seeing Bella chewing the burger. She smiled nervously. I chuckled. "Kids, this is Bella. Bella, this is Jace and Breanna." I introduced. Breanna studied her face and smirked. "You know? You're really pretty!" She whispered. Bella chuckled. "Thanks!" She said. Jace groaned. "This is horrible! Boys will try to get her because she's so pretty." He said. We laughed, including her small giggle. My brain clicked. "Oh! Bri, would you like Bella to see your room?" I asked. She cheered and nodded. She shrugged. "Guess so." She said. Breanna grabbed her hand, racing her to upstairs. Jace breathed a breath of relief. "Alright!" He said. He flunked himself on the couch and grabbed the remote for the TV. I playfully rolled my eyes. Bryce smirked, joining beside him. "I'll go check on them." I told him. He nodded.

******

Hopefully, they're bonding but we can't pressure Bella. She needs to go through time here. I walked upstairs quietly. Music played a little loud. They were dancing to JoJo Siwa. We can tell because the songs she'd play all the time. My heart melted, watching them bond already. Bella laughed as she twirled her around. I smiled warmly. Jace seem thrilled and unbothered over possibly having two sisters. I carefully went to our bedroom and shut the door softly. "I'll need to do my homework now. Are you in school?" I heard Breanna. "Sure you don't need help? Yes I go to a private school." Bella said. They signed her into private school? Perfect! Soon the world will know we adopted her and she don't need lots of closure from a thousand people who know who we are. "Me and Jace too and we're almost in middle school!" She squealed. Bella chuckled. "That's awesome! You're both very smart!" She said. Breanna giggled. "Thanks." She said. Someone's phone was ringing which must be Bella's. "Excuse me, I'll be back." She told her. I took a deep breath and opened the door. Thankfully, she walk-passed it.