Knock, Knock Goes the Aunt

Paris sighed happily. "Liz, the song sounds really good. The lyrics though is what I can't get out of my head. So infectious." She told me. I nodded in agreement and chuckled. "They literally came from my heart. My infant baby helped me get through." I said. She smiled, embracing me for a hug. I hugged back. I'm so grateful to be releasing this and opening up with somebody who shared the same pains. We parted. Her producer turned his chair toward us. "Ok, ready?" He asked. She smirked as we got off the couch and went inside the booth. I quietly put on headphones. Paris did the same, gesturing him to start the music. This is the very first time I'm doing the song without breaking down. Paris readied herself and begun singing.

Paris: Paint me a picture

Show me your colors

I'm gone when I'm with you, but I'm better than ever

Lizzy: I breathe you in, you breathe me out

You just take it all away

You're acid rain in an endless drought

But you make it all ok

Paris: Take me to your place

You set me on fire

You tell me it's ok while you burn me alive

Lizzy: I breathe you in, you breathe me out

You just take it all away

You're acid rain in an endless drought

But you make it all ok

You tell me that you want me

but we both know that's not true

Cause you're a beautiful disaster and I'll never be good enough for you

Think you're addicted to the chase

Think I'm addicted to the pain

Both: I breathe you in, you breathe me out

And you play me like a game

You're in my veins, can't get you out

I'm addicted to the pain

Lizzy: Cause you don't got a piece of me, got all of me

And you're never gonna change

Both: I let you in, you let me down

Cause you're never gonna stay

Paris: You are never gonna stay

You are never gonna stay

I inhaled a deep breath. Tears fell from my eyes while we sung. Every lyric took me back to when I was younger when Adrian was hurting me. Paris motioned the producer for a minute break. He nodded, leaving the room. I hugged her tightly. She hugged back. "I'm so sorry." I muttered. "No, its ok! I been there whenever I sing my personal stuff. It's alright." She assured. I nodded and wiped my eyes. "Finally I got to let everything pour out..." I trailed off. Paris was aware of my old relationship with Jace's birth father. I didn't realize she was suffering from something until she tried to hurt herself. Her and the girls knew Adrian was a jerk except I told her he abused me. She caressed my hair. "It feels good when you do and it'll inspire others. Your story of abuse, pregnancy and depression helped others who been through it all. You're inspiring Liz." She said softly. I smiled warmly. "Thank you PK." I whispered. We hugged once more and left the booth. My phone buzzed. Bryce was calling. I answered. "Hello?" I said. "Hey baby! How's the music going?" He asked. I slightly chuckled. "Very good! We just finished. Where are you?" I asked. He hummed in response. "Sweet, if I ask you to do something you don't wanna do but it's because I love you and—I cut him off. "Just tell me Bryce." I quickly said. Paris hid a few giggles. "It's about my half-sister..." He trailed off. I groaned irritatingly. Bryce's half-sister Jasmine lived with her mother in Canada until she moved here because of a model career. She distanced herself from everybody due to required schedules and fashion shows. It sounds dumb, eh? Putting her career first before family. That's why we don't speak much about her. "Babe, I'm tired of this." I muttered. He took a deep breath. "Trust me, I never liked this. We haven't seen her in a year and now she comes?" He said. I groaned, wrapping my purse around my shoulder. "Somebody needs to slap her back to reality because I'll surely do it. She thinks she's owning it thanks to becoming a successful model. I'm really tired of her bullshit." I growled. He mumbled a cuss word under his breath. "I gotta pick up the kids, hon. Jasmine coming here like tomorrow at 2." He said and hung up. Paris chuckled. "Family drama?" She joked. I scoffed and raised an eyebrow. "You have no idea." I said. We ended our studio session and said goodbye. I hopped in my car, starting the engine. Jasmine will be a real piece of work.